Thursday, April 02, 2015

Turning 40!

So, I turned 40 this year and you know what it really was awesome.  I wasn't upset about being 40.  I had more trouble turning 30.  I saw some big stuff happen this past year and if I can walk that road and make it, then 40 will be a piece of cake.  I have two incredible daughters and a husband that loves me even at my ugliest moments.  I love what I do.  I got this!

 Now if only my hair would cooperate and stop trying to age me so fast.  

Daddy took me to see Unbroken on my birthday.  I have read the book twice and was so incredibly moved by this man's story of survival through down right torturous events.  If you haven't read the book, you need to read it.  There is much more to the story than what is shared in the movie.  It is such a powerful story of forgiveness and the redeeming grace of Jesus.  
 
Later that night the girls wanted to take me to Bub's for supper.  I think they knew they would score my bowl of free birthday ice cream.  This was the day that we had found out something was wrong with Kev but didn't know what it was.  That was weighing heavy on our minds but we put on our happy faces for the girls.

THEN....later in the week I was taken out by this amazing group of women.  I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!  These gals are my people.  They have supported me through some really hard times.  They have loved the girls as their own when I had to be with Daddy.  They are amazing women with such a strong faith.  I am grown by them each and every time I am with them and they aren't a bad looking group of gals, are they?

 After supper at my favorite Bloomington restaurant, I was whisked away to a special home that was filled with more people I love dearly from our church for a SURPRISE party.  It was THE BEST!  Daddy and one of my friend's coordinated all of the plans and put it into action.  I felt so loved by all of this!  Thanks Ladies and Hubbies!



No comments: