Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

 Mother's Day this year was difficult.  We had just learned that Hubby will be losing his job due to downsizing.  This was a very difficult blow to us and completely unexpected.  I think dealing with that and everything else made me really ache for my own mom.  I think each year it should get easier but it doesn't.  Walking this road makes me just ache for her to be here.  Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful that she is away from this world that is full of heartache and sickness and she is totally healed.  It just is so hard some days when I just want to talk to her.  

Anyways….we just relaxed on Mother's Day.  Daddy and I were both feeling really down and just needed a day of nothing.  I spent the morning reading and snuggling with the girls.  For lunch we went to a local Mexican restaurant because Mexican is my favorite!  

I received some really sweet presents from the girls.  Pumpkin's preschool class made canvas art and adorable cards.  
 I think my favorite was this interview she did about me.  Cracks me up!
 Peanut made an equally super sweet book at school for me.  Inside it said with her spelling and all, "My mommy is 32 years old.  She weighs 90 pounds.  My mommy's favorite color is puple.  Her favorite food is watermelon.  My mom always says, "I'm poopt."  She calls me peenut.  My mommy's job is to tak kare of me and be a  techer.  My mommy and I like to go on dates.  I love you mommy bekuse you are my mommy and you are you and you are pritty."
Peanut took a pic of Daddy and I with Pumpkin.
I love my sweet family so much.  I'm excited to see what God has in store for us!!!

No comments: