Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter 2014

Easter…it came too fast this year.  So much was going on with Daddy that I just couldn't get my A-game on for it.  I'm so thankful that the girls don't know that.  They don't know I dug through the cabinet praying my eyes hadn't deceived me and I had actually seen a box of egg dye.  I had and it was tie-dye egg coloring, in fact!


They don't know that we missed egg hunts and Easter activities because I was just exhausted and didn't have it in me.

 They didn't know that I used plastic eggs from other Easter activities and filled them with candy we already had on hand for Pumpkin's preschool class.  
 They didn't know that most of the stuff in their Easter basket was stuff I had found a month ago tucked away for REALLY SAFE keeping…like so safe I had forgotten about it.
They didn't know that we were supposed to have Resurrection Rolls the morning of Easter but again…too tired.  Krispy Kreme donuts came to us with Gigi and they were happy as larks.
 
What they do know is that Gigi came all the way down to see them and he brought lots of Easter eggs and awesome Easter baskets.

 What they do know is that even though Daddy felt horrible and couldn't make it to church with us (or do much with us at all on Easter), Jesus died and the victory over kidney disease has already been won!  
 What they do know is that God sent his ONLY Son for them, for us, for all of us because of the greatest act of love ever shown.   
They do know they are surrounded by people who love them, cherish them, and pray that God will grab hold of their hearts and that He will use this really hard year for our family to do exactly that for all of us.

Happy Easter!
It is finished!
The price has been paid!
The promise of no more sickness, no more tears, no more pain rings loud in my ears this year!

No comments: