Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Mystery

This past weekend was rough at our house.  We were reeling from finding out that there would not be a transplant this February as we had hoped.  I tend to be a "jump in and face the crisis" person but once the shock is over and things settle down, that is when the anxiety strikes and it did.

At Christmas I received a small chalkboard from a co-worker.  It is hanging by my kitchen sink and it currently says, "But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me." 2 Timothy 4:17  It was there in my line of view all weekend and I do believe He was standing with us, strengthening us.

Not only were we reeling from our own bad news but also the news that our donor was now trying to wrap her head around.  I know she is facing questions, disbelief of the news, and anxiousness.  I know the Lord is standing with her and strengthening her also.

There is a reason why our journey has taken this turn.  I know that we will look back someday if not until Heaven and say, "Oh yeah...now I see why and it is beautiful."

On Friday night the next two people in line called us to tell us that they were going to contact the transplant center to tell them they wanted to move ahead in the process of being the donor.  We were then contacted by both of them on Tuesday to find out the center has moved on with someone but it neither of them.  We have no idea who it is.  We have guesses but that is what they are just guesses. We are calling him or her our mystery person.

Tonight we prayed for this person at bedtime with the girls.  We know He knows who he or she is and He ultimately has this all under control.

We are so very thankful for this person who has quietly been tested at some point to find out if they were a match.  They knew they were and when we were reeling from a change of plans, he or she got started on the next part...quietly.

Isn't that just like God?  He moves in the quiet in a gentle whisper.  (I Kings 19: 11-12)

Our next step is getting started with peritoneal dialysis again.  We have a consultation with a surgeon next Wednesday and the surgery to put the P.D. catheter in should be scheduled for soon after that.  This catheter will take 2 weeks to heal then we will start training again and the catheter in his chest will be removed.  We should be done with the dialysis center very soon!  We are so looking forward to that.  That part of this journey has been very taxing for us.

Blessings by Laura Story has been playing a lot for me lately.  I just love the words and feel like they were written for this moment for me.

 Here are just a few of the lyrics that have really spoken to me.

"We pray for healing, for prosperity.
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering.
All the while, You hear each spoken need,
Yet love us way too much to give us lesser things.
 Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops.
What if Your healing comes through tears.
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near?
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise?"

No comments: