Saturday, January 11, 2014

Handmade

Even though we have so much going on and on our minds right now, I did make some gifts this year.  I love making things.  I love looking at the final product and knowing I did that.  I love the planning of what to make, searching Pinterest for ideas, heading to the store to get the needed items.  I love putting the girls to bed and working on my thing and seeing it take shape before my eyes.

I made several journal covers and rice bags for co-worker  and teacher gifts this year.  (These are old pics but you get the idea.)

A close friend of ours LOVES to knit and is amazingly talented at that. When I saw this ornament idea, I knew I had to make it for her. I was so happy with how it turned out.
The girls even helped me with gift making. We made snow man ornaments to give to family and a few friends using the girls handprints on a ball ornament. They were SO cute!
The girls made some canvas paintings to give away also.
In a goodie basket that I received for Christmas I found the CUTEST pair of gloves. It was just a simple pair of knit gloves that had been given a lift with a cute fabric flower. Of course, I had to try my hand at it and make a pair to for a gift.

AND...I have tried my hand at embroidery. I love it! I have completed two projects and foresee more in my future. I had so much fun making these gifts!
I finally have taken down our Christmas things.  Since we were late getting them up, we kept them up longer than usual.  That meant down with the Christmas wreath and up with a new one.  I made a yarn wrapped wreath with felt flowers.  I was really happy with how it turned out.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to show off what I've made.  It is fun to let others see what I can do and enjoy doing.  I also do it for me.  When I go back and read past posts, it's fun to see what I have created and it gives me the desire to keep on creating.  This is something I really want to work at this year...to create.  I pin so many great things on Pinterest.  I want to actually make them.  It brings me such joy to create things and bless others with those creations.  New Year's goal???

No comments: