Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mud Pies

Today I was talking to Peanut about contentment after she asked me, "Mom, when are we going to move to a house?"  I told her that I didn't but that we need to be content with where God has us right now.  This made me think about our little apartment and how even in this tiny space, we have all that we need and so much more.  We are blessed beyond measure.  We have a small backyard but the girls LOVE to play in it and get completely covered in sand, water, and mud.  They have so much fun back there and they are creating memories. Mud Pies
I am thankful for each day that God gives us with these two little girls in this tiny little apartment that has more space than many in this world have. Mud Pies
I am thankful that my kids can run around, yell, laugh, and do the things they love to do. Mud Pies
I don't know what tomorrow holds for any of us, so I treasure this moment and all the moments from today...all of them.
Mud Pies
I have seen God do great and mighty things this past week and I stand in amazement and I count my blessings tonight!

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

A sweet Mom friend from church had her world rocked just a week and a half ago after being told her 2 year old daughter had cancer.  Their week and a half journey has been nothing short of truly amazing and only an act of God.  You can read her story here:  When Baby Sleeps.  Her testimony and story have given me so much to think about this week and reevaluate what is important in this life.  It is so worth your time to read, trust me. 

No comments: