Monday, January 21, 2013

My Birthday

My birthday was on January 8.  I got to spend it in the hospital with Daddy while he was having heart testing done.  (More on that to come in a later post...he is fine.)  We did go out for supper that evening but the restaurant wasn't a hit.  I failed in my choice!  We did hit up a new spot in town for cupcakes and they were delicious.

The following Saturday Daddy took the girls out for breakfast.  What I thought was going to be just a morning at home by myself turned into almost a full day.  It was wonderful.  I watched a movie, read a little, and then cleaned this apartment from top to bottom.  There are few things that feel better to me than a clean home.

When Daddy and the girls did return they came bearing gifts.  There was a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, a birthday cake, and a balloon that said I love you.  They also had a bag full of great stuff.  Daddy said Peanut knew just  what  I needed from the kitchen store he took them to.  I have a timer which I really needed, new dish towels and dish rags, a heat resistant spatula, a collapsable strainer, a cutting mat, and a french press travel mug.  They did awesome.  I loved everything and have put it all to great use already.
Mommy's Birthday
After supper the girls went to a friend's house so Daddy and I could finally go see Les Miserables.  It was wonderful.  What a great birthday even if we didn't actually celebrate until a few days later.  Spreading it out makes the fun last longer.

In fact...this past weekend some really awesome friends from church took me and another dear friend out to celebrate our birthdays which are exactly one week apart.  She is one of the first people I met here in our town when we moved.  I am very grateful for our friendship.Birthday Girls
For our fun evening we ate at my most favorite restaurant in town.  It is scrumptious!  Afterwards we headed to one of these sweet ladies' homes to hang out.  We ate really yummy cake and made scarves out of t-shirts and laughed together.   I am so very thankful for all of these ladies and so many more that are in my life!
Birthday Girls
I am really blessed.

No comments: