Wednesday, October 03, 2012

A Cousin's Visit

So I have this cousin.  She is pretty great!  She actually married into our family a few moons ago.  I remember being just a young 'un when I met her for the first time.  She was from way out East and I adored her.  She was so down to earth and so easy to be around.  After all these years that is still the same.  She is so much fun.  I don't see her as often as I would like.  It always seems my time up north flies by before I get to see everyone that I want to or need to see.  It's hard to make schedules work together sometimes.
P9302092P9302097
This past weekend she came to our lovely little town to visit her niece who is also one of my new good friends here.  Her niece just had a baby a few weeks ago so she came to help her out and see the baby and see us.

It was a wonderful weekend.  She brought us all some awesome goodies.  Each of us mamas got a bag full of pumpkin bagels, pumpkin english muffins, a mix for pumpkin cranberry scones, pumpkin caramel corn, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin marshmallows, and a couple of boxes of pumpkin pudding mix.  Hallelujah, fall is here and so is pumpkin flavored everything!  She hit the jack-pot.  She had goodies for the littles too.
Drive-In
We took all of the kids (there are 6 between her niece and I) to a drive-in on Saturday night.  Sunday we met up at a park for pizza and playground time.  Sunday evening she spent some time with us at our place then took my kids for an hour to her niece's apartment which so happens to be in the same complex as us.  She watched all of the bigger kids while her niece, hubby, and new baby went out and I got some alone time.  (Daddy was gone for the evening.)  Later that night after the kids were all tucked into bed her niece and I headed to her hotel to hang out.  After much laughter, stories, and catching up, we looked at the clock to see that it was 1:00 a.m.!!!!
P9302102P9302101
It was a great weekend!  I am so thankful for her and for her coming down to see all of us.  She has a gift of serving others and blessing them.  She's pretty awesome!  I know I am not alone in that thinking either!
A Cousin Visit

No comments: