Saturday, July 28, 2012

Peanut is 6 Years Old!

This morning at 4:15 a.m. while we slept soundly something monumental happened.  Peanut went from being a little 5 year old girl to a big 6 year old kid.  She thinks that maybe her toes grew when she went from 5 to 6...big kid toes.  Six just sounds so big.  How did she become a big 6 year old kid?  Wasn't she just a teeny tiny 6 lb. 11 oz. and 19 inch baby that took her time getting here just yesterday?  (Thirty-six hour labor to be exact, but who is keeping track?)  Although LONG her labor and delivery were amazing full of memories that I cherish.  These past six years are even more cherished as she grows into this big kid self.  We are so proud of her and love her more and more everyday.  God really did bless us when He chose us to be this lovely girl's parents.
Memorial Day at the Beach
Here is her 6 year old birthday interview.  Some things have changed since last year's and some have not.

How old are you?  I am 6.

What is your favorite food?  I like watermelon, corn on the cob, and pancakes.
Last Day of Half Day Kindergarten
What food do you like the least?  I don't like oatmeal.

What is your favorite thing to do?  Swing and slide at the park.

What is your favorite toy?  Baby dolls

Camping Trip
What is your favorite song?  Away in a Manger

What is your favorite book?  Baby Picture Books
100 Day of School
What is your favorite color?  Pink and purple and rainbow and white and black

What is your favorite season of the year?  I like winter and summer because that is when I get presents.
First Big Snow
What is your favorite TV show or movie?  Strawberry Shortcake and Madeline

What is your favorite memory?  Having our cats.
Christmas 2011
Who is your best friend?  Emma and Cole and Max and Zeke and the cousins and everybody that we met.

What is something you are good at?  Swinging and climbing up stuff.

DSC09019
What is something that makes you happy?  Having my birthday and getting a surprise when people hide and jump out.

What is something that makes you sad?  When Pumpkin hits me.

What do you want to be when you grow up?  A nurse that helps babies.
DSC07169
What is something you would wish for if you could?  To go to Russia, Alaska and Washington.  (This would be to see dear friends that live in these states.  I did NOT help her at all with this answer sweet friends!  She misses you!)

What are 3 words that describe you?  Kind, sympathetic, generous  (I came up with these because she just wasn't sure!)

What is your favorite thing about Daddy?  His face because it looks nice.
Family Fun Day
What is your favorite thing about Mommy?  She takes me to the park.

What is your favorite thing about Pumpkin?  She likes to put stickers all over her face.  (What she was doing at the time of this interview.)
Apple Picking First Time Around
Who is Jesus?  He made us.  He knew that I would love my mom and dad.  He knew that my mom and dad would love me.

When I told her I was done asking her questions she said, "I have one more thing I need to say.  I love Pumpkin!  She's the best little sister ever!"
Princess Tea Birthday Party
That is our girl!!!!
Happy Birthday sweet Peanut! 
Now take this year slow!
I am not sure I can handle 7!
Weekend Camping Trip


3 comments:

Marc and Allison said...

Emma turns 10 in a few weeks. I don't know if I can handle that. I've realized that she is more than half-way through living at home. sigh....

the back door said...

oh you will handle it just fine.....trust me:) in many ways, it just keeps getting better. there is nothing like a mother daughter relationship:) chloe will be 10 in a few weeks too, but i love watching her grow up. they keeps some sweetness, get fun to hang out with, and well, teaching them about life is just fun!

christina said...

Happy Birthday Cora! Hopefully I'll get to see here again before she's completely grown up! jk ;) Love to you all - have a wonderful day celebrating!