Thursday, June 14, 2012

Swim Lessons

About a month ago I registered two little girls for swim lessons.  I had no doubt whatsoever that they would both LOVE lessons and it would be a breeze.  We talked about it frequently and the air was full of excitement.  I told Daddy the night before lessons how excited I was to see Pumpkin take lessons because I knew she was going to LOVE it.  I was worried how I would get her out of the pool. 
Swim LessonsSwim Lessons
I wish I could say that was the case once the lessons actually took place.  The first day we were anxious and anticipating being in the water.  Dobbie and Papa joined us for the big event.
Swim Lessons
All was going well until about 15 minutes into the lesson.  Pumpkin spotted Mommy and LOST it.  She cried hysterically, jumped out of the water and would not leave my side.  I WAS ASTONISHED!  There was a long talk about being obedient and what the consequences would be if she did not get back into the water.  It did involve a certain blanket being put away for the day.  She looked at me and said, "I want get in trouble."  Ok then!
 Swim LessonsSwim Lessons
She sat on the chair and just watched the rest of the lesson as pictured above. We tried two more days but each one got even worse. We then made the decision to pull her out because she was distracting the class and making me feel a bit crazy. Thankfully one of these two little girls LOVES swim lessons and we were able to transfer Pumpkin's lesson over to Peanut so she will get to take an additional set of swim lessons this summer. Swim Lessons
SHE IS A FISH!
Swim Lessons
She loves the water and learned so much this session. I saw such an improvement in her since last summer.  She can go under water without plugging her nose and swim.Swim Lessons
Peanut passed Level 2 and will be taking Level 3 next month. She is so excited. Level 3 will be a stretch for her as it will focus on building her endurance and making her learn how to use her arms and legs together to swim in a deeper pool. She will also get the chance to jump into the very deep pool off a diving board. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: