Sunday, June 17, 2012

Horse Camping

One of my aunts and her family came south to go camping at a local state park near us this past week.  They are horse campers and invited us to come over and spend a day with them.  Peanut was ecstatic and kept asking all week when we would get to go and see them.  This past Friday we headed over.  To say we had fun..well that would be an understatement.  Any time we have the chance to see family, it is an important event.  It is so important to me that my girls know their extended family and even more so now that we live away from everyone.
Horse Camping for a Day
The girls had a BALL running around the horse camp being doted on by everyone. We took a trip to the stream that was pretty well dried up due to the major lack of rain. My aunt and I had a nice chat and the girls played in what water was left. I did have my first encounter with a long, legless black creature. It came down the hill to the water. I think my aunt is probably bruised on the arm now from where I grabbed her. Thankfully it was on the other side of the stream and didn't get in the water. I threw a rock at it and it slithered back up the hill. I guess it is true about the maternal instinct, I wanted it away from my babies!
 Horse Camping for a Day
Thankfully there were no more encounters of that kind the rest of the day. There were encounters with horses for the girls. They both got to go horseback riding twice. They loved it. My second cousin who just graduated from high school took Peanut for a long horse ride and she said she just giggled the whole time, especially when the horse would go a bit faster.
 Horse Camping for a Day
Pumpkin on the other hand was quiet, just taking it all in.
 Horse Camping for a Day
I was introduced to mean game of Flinch which I am now in the search of. Great game! We also got to stay and eat food cooked over the open fire.   Here is Peanut learning about the true meaning of life from one of my cousins.  Actually he just had her giggling because he is quite the teaser.Horse Camping for a Day
It was a wonderful day! I am so thankful it worked out for us to go and for a whole day. The girls filled up that memory bank again! That's what it's all about isn't it? Making memories!

No comments: