Friday, May 11, 2012

Hair Cut

For several weeks now Peanut has been itching to get her hair cut. The first time I asked her how short she wanted it to be, she pointed to her nose. We compromised with her chin. This past Tuesday I surprised her after Kindergarten and took her to get the job done. She was ecstatic. We couldn't get to the hair cut place fast enough. Hair Cut!Hair Cut!
Once she got in the chair, I just happened to ask if her hair was long enough for Locks of Love. The stylist measured and it was EXACTLY 11 inches, which is what is needed. I asked Peanut if she wanted to donate her hair and explained quickly what it was and she said, "YES!" The stylist put her long beautiful locks into a ponytail then started cutting. I do have to say my heart skipped a beat when the reality of her long hair becoming short hit me.
 Hair Cut!Hair Cut!
But then the grin on Peanut's face made up for it! Hair Cut!
She smiled the entire time and not once did she show any regret! She couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror as the stylist trimmed up the cut. Once she was done, it was perfect. It fit her perfectly and looked like her hair was meant for that style.

She was thrilled.
 Hair Cut!Hair Cut!
Another rite of passage for our big girl. Hair Cut!
Pumpkin has asked when she can get her hair cut but Mama's not ready to get rid of those long baby curls yet. So that will not being happening for quite some time!

The next morning after her hair cut, Peanut woke up at 5:30 and got in bed with us. She asked immediately, "Can I go look in the mirror at my hair?"

1 comment:

keepin' it real..... said...

Oh my goodness, she looks so much older! Super cute!