Thursday, April 05, 2012

A New Baby

Our close friends who moved to our town last fall HAD THEIR BABY! At midnight on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, Mr. Friend called. When I saw his name on my phone, my heart leaped! They needed one of us to come stay with their kids because it was time. Daddy who was still dressed threw on his shoes and I threw some clothes in a bag for him and he ran to their apartment which is near ours.

Talk about an adrenaline rush! I could not fall asleep to save my life. I was so anxious to hear how things were going so I prayed for my dear friend.

The whole next day was torturous. Ok, so probably not as torturous for her as for me but I was ready to hear that this baby had arrived safely and healthy. At 2:04 p.m. she did just that! I got to talk to my friend later in the evening and made plans to see them today. Getting through today was hard because I just wanted to go hold that little girl in my arms!

We got to see her this afternoon and she is beautiful and my sweet friend looks great! God was with them and they have a healthy daughter, their third child.
DSC08164
Peanut was OVER THE MOON! She had to be content with looking at the baby through a window and she was. She adores babies and can't wait to be a nurse who helps Mommies have babies when she grows up.
DSC08166
Pumpkin was so excited too. She prayed for this sweet baby by name last night and talked about her all day today!

I do have to share the best baby gift for those who appreciate classic fiction. I found these board books online and knew they were perfect for my friend as we share a love for Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre. This little bundle of joy came earlier than expected so I didn't get them ordered online. Thankfully Barnes and Nobles had just got a shipment of them so I was able to get them for this sweet baby. What better than Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre board books that are counting primers???
DSC08162
Baby-itis is going to be setting in, I am sure of it with this new bundle just down the street! YIKES!

No comments: