Saturday, March 31, 2012

Prayer for my Friend

Tomorrow my best friend will be boarding a plane in Chicago with her 12 year old daughter and heading to India for a 3 week stay. She will be working alongside a midwife who serves in India. Her daughter will be working with children in a day school. Please if you feel so , them up in prayer. Pray for a safe trip, for life changing moments, and for her husband and son who will stay at home. This is an amazing opportunity for her as she is in her final weeks of medical school and will be graduating on May 12 as an OB/GYN DOCTOR! I am so, so, so proud of her! Her daughter is pretty awesome too!
My BFF
One of the most meaningful moments of my trip north this past spring break was a 3 hour visit with her at Panera Bread. The reality of her family's next step which is moving to Tacoma, Washington set in and there were many tears. It was one of our last visits and it made it that much more precious to me. I love her so much and am so thankful for her friendship. Life keeps us busy (hers is quite a bit busier than mine) and we don't connect as often as we would love to, but she is on my mind so often and always close to my heart.

She is going to be an amazing doctor. It is obvious that this is the calling that God has on her life! She is also going to be used in mighty ways these next 3 weeks as is her precious daughter.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7

No comments: