Monday, February 20, 2012

Spur of the Moment Surprise

Last week I had heard that a nearby Children's Museum was having a free admission day on President's Day.  I kept that nugget tucked in my head and decided that we needed to go.  I knew we would be there along with a whole bunch of other people but really had no idea just how many people there would be.  Wow!  When we turned the corner, I began to second guess my plan but I stuck to my guns, had a long talk with the girls about staying right with Mommy and did it!  We had a ball!

There were some exhibits that we just couldn't get into because it was a 45 minute wait or longer but we got to see enough. The girls didn't care or even realize there were things we didn't get to do. They did get to see the Barbie exhibit and loved that!
Children's MuseumChildren's Museum
Peanut watched Despicable Me last week and started asking questions about the pyramids which led into a conversation about Egypt. Today at the museum there was a huge exhibit dedicated to Egypt. That was really neat for her to see "first hand" what life is like in Egypt.
Children's MuseumDSC07876
My two little race car drivers didn't slow down a bit all afternoon and stayed right with me. I was so proud of them.
DSC07882

Children's Museum

One of my favorite things in the museum....the tower of glass. It is gorgeous! Then on the bottom level you look up into it. It is just amazing! Peanut is sitting on the revolving chair looking up at the array of colors!
Children's Museum

The girls had alot of fun pretending to be archaeologists and digging for ancient treasures.
Children's Museum

Children's MuseumChildren's Museum

Peanut had fun pretending she was a dinosaur and keeping her eggs nice and warm in the dinosaur exhibit.
Children's Museum

The girls got to climb the ancient Chichén-Itzá, Pyramid of Kukulcán in Mexico. Ok, so maybe it's not the real thing but it was cool. They also walked The Great Wall of China and sat in the Roman Colosseum.
Children's Museum

We had a great day. Both girls said their favorite thing was the big steam locomotive that sounded like it was really going down the tracks. (Peanut was not that impressed while actually viewing it and Pumpkin cried the whole time! Ha!) Both sets of those little legs walked the whole museum! They kept right on cruising till the museum closed!

Children's Museum
I love days like today!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh so fun! Was it crazy there today? Please stop by sometime for a visit when you're in town! We would love it!