Monday, February 20, 2012

Child of God

Peanut made a life changing decision a few weeks ago on Sunday, January 29 at bedtime. Before bed as we were getting ready she was pretending and imagining she had a friend who was a good person but she wasn't sure he loved Jesus. It spurred on a conversation between us. I asked her, "Can you get to Heaven just by doing good things?" She knew that you could not. Then she said, "I want to pray tonight, Mom. I want to ask Jesus to live in my heart."

I knew that Daddy would want to be there so I told her we would wait and see if Daddy made it home since he was gone. Wouldn't you know it, he got home just as I tucked her into bed to say our bedtime prayers.

We got to be with her, holding her hands as she asked Jesus to live in her heart. Immediately afterwards she was very concerned about Pumpkin and wanted to know when she would be ready to do the same thing. She has such a tender heart!

She has been so close to making this decision for some time. Knowing that Mimi is in Heaven has opened so many doors and helped her understand more than most kids her age. We have talked numerous times in the past 3 1/2 years since she died about how she lives in Heaven now because she had asked Jesus to live in her heart. This has been a path to knowledge for Peanut. Mimi's death has brought eternal life to her granddaughter. I know she was smiling down on us that night thrilled that someday she will get to be with her Peanut who sat on her bed and loved on her while she was so sick.
Nature Hike
Matthew 19:14 "Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'"

Peanut and I share a love for Sara Groves. This is one of our favorite songs and appropriate for what He means to us.

No comments: