Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The MAD Group

So it appears I have become a part of something wonderful, something given to me from God...the MAD Birthday Group. (Today it even got to be the MAD support group.)

When we moved to our new community 2 1/2 years ago, I didn't know a soul, not one soul. If you know me well that was daunting, very daunting. But oh how the Lord has blessed me with so many great new friends. Our church's women's ministry is brimming with just plain awesome women whom I get to share life with every other week. I AM SO GRATEFUL.

Then there are two women who have come to mean so much to me from church. We have gotten to know each other and support each other through some good times and rough times. My family even took over one of these ladies' homes for 2 1/2 weeks when we were in-between apartments last fall. I know I can depend on them and I hope they know they can depend on me.
Celebrating Friends!
Last fall we surprised D for her birthday by inviting her to my apartment for a casual play date but instead we had a birthday brunch waiting to celebrate her. Then for my birthday they showed up on my doorstep to take me out for the evening.

Well, last weekend we got to celebrate A. We took her out to one of her favorite restaurants then headed back to my apartment to hang out and celebrate more.
Celebrating Friends!
I had found this incredible looking cake on Pinterest and knew it had to be made for A's birthday so we enjoyed a Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate cake, watched videos on how to wear scarves and make our hair curly by wearing headbands overnight. Then we settled in and watched a fun chick flick.

It was a great night. I don't know who is blessed more, the birthday girl or the ones who get to be sneaky and make the plan and put it into action. It is so fun on both sides. We have also decided that it is our tradition now and so we are the MAD birthday group...MAD as in awesome!

1 comment:

Anne Frank said...

Love this :) So blessed by you!