Sunday, January 29, 2012

5 1/2

Happy 5 1/2, Peanut!
One of the first things I thought about after discovering we were pregnant with our first and that the due date was in July was that our sweet little one wouldn't get to bring the beloved birthday treats to school since he or she was going to have a summer birthday.  But along comes her awesome Kindergarten teacher this year who lets the summer birthday kids celebrate their half birthdays and that is just what Peanut got to do this past Friday!  She was as excited about turning 5 1/2 as she was when she turned 5.  There was even a conversation where I had to make sure she understood there wouldn't be presents because she thought we were going to do it up big!
Happy 5 1/2, Peanut!
She did get to take a special treat to her class though and that sufficed.  Due to some allergies that her classmates have we couldn't do the traditional cupcake, so we chose rainbow fruit kabobs!  (Totally stole the idea from a friend.)  They were a hit with most of her kindergarten buddies.
Happy 5 1/2, Peanut!
Pumpkin and I got to hang out with her during the last hour of her class which made her even more excited. Pumpkin got to paint a little which made her day too!
Happy 5 1/2, Peanut!
We spent the last half hour outside at recess with Peanut and her buddies. I figured out quickly after Kindergarten started not to send her in anything "fancy" because she LOVES to get in the dirt and get dirty and muddy! She was immediately drawn to the mud and stomped around in it for part of recess. She did not get that gene from me...I don't like to get dirty. I am so glad that she doesn't mind! I do love that most days when I pick her up, I have to take her boots off before she can get in the van.
Happy 5 1/2, Peanut!
And now she's all big and 5 1/2 years old! ;) Those half year markers are so important when you are little. They are just reminders to me of how fast time is passing by and to cling to each moment that they are little.

No comments: