Sunday, October 09, 2011

She Flew Away Home

"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" I Corinthians 15:55

3 years....it seems to have passed so quickly but yet so slowly. There isn't a day that goes by that I do not think about her or am filled with a longing ache to talk to her, to ask her advice, to ask her to just listen.
Holding Hands Across Three Generations
I miss her so much but yet praise the Lord that she is healed. She is restored. I do believe she can see our little sweet girls. I tell them that...that Mimi sees them and smiles on them. Peanut longs to be in Heaven so Mimi can push her on the swing. Pumpkin tells us, "I want my "Damma.'" I believe in my heart she knows that someone special isn't here and she wants her.
Cora and Grandma Danner
She flew away 3 years ago on October 10, 2008 at 4:04 a.m. My dad and I were there with her as she flew away to Him to that home on God's celestial shore.
Staying with Mimi and Gigi
She was like a bird that flew from the prison bars of Alzheimer's and flew to the land where joy will never end.
Mimi's Mums
(Taken just a few days after she had passed away. Mimi's mums were in full bloom!)

Mimi

Mimi's Grave

She loved Johnny Cash, who doesn't! She had great musical taste and was an amazing singer herself. Here is a video of Johnny singing "I'll Fly Away" that fills me with so much peace. She flew away to her Jesus.


"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21
Mom
"Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord FOREVER!" Psalm 23:6

Someday...someday we'll fly away too and we'll watch as Mimi swings Peanut and Pumpkin high in the air and laughs with great joy as she hears their giggles of glee!

Here is the link to the post that I wrote after she flew away with some great pictures of her through the years. Click HERE.

2 comments:

jodyfoznot said...

What a beautiful post honoring your mom. Praying for your family today. Thank God we do not have to mourn like those without hope.

(((Hugs)))

Jody

Allison said...

Mindy..this post gave me goosebumps!!! Your mom is with you!! I believe she sees you as a mother now to 2 beautiful girls and she is soooo proud!!! What a great way to honor your mom and remind the girls of her all the time!!! Love you and Miss you!!

-Allison