Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Great Pumpkin Carving of 2011

Daddy was finally home one evening last week and we all attacked him with, "Let's carve pumpkins!" This has traditionally become his job. My few efforts in the past have proven I was not cut out to carve pumpkins. Heehee. So my job is to clean the pumpkin seeds and get them roasting while the other three work away. Actually while Daddy works away and the girls watch. Their job is to get the pumpkin seeds out of the pumpkin and to separate as much pulp from the seeds as they can. They did a really great job.
Pumpkin Carving

Pumpkin Carving

Peanut wanted a pumpkin that looked like her and one scary one. She then announced once they were finished that one was her and one was Daddy.
Pumpkin Carving

We were reminiscing about last year and the roasting of the pumpkin seeds. Daddy told Peanut how we do it. She said, "I remember! I have a good minder!"

No comments: