Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Friend

DSC06576
I have a friend back home that I haven't seen in quite some time. I miss her. She means alot to me. When Peanut was born she was over the moon and told me she wanted to be her fairy Godmother. She has also walked right beside me during some very difficult times. She isn't online so the past few years while we've been away, I have sent her handwritten letters a couple of times and she has responded back. I love that!
DSC06578
While we were at Gigi's this trip, I made a special point of visiting her. It was so wonderful to be back in her home and welcomed with such warm hospitality which is a gift of hers. We had a little tea party. The girls even had their own little tea pot and tea cups which made them feel so special.
DSC06573
She is a wise woman who is slow to answer. She thinks her answer through before giving it which I greatly appreciate. She offered me great counsel on raising these two special gifts of ours. She knew what I needed to hear and said it. I appreciate that too!
DSC06577
She probably wouldn't be overly excited that I am posting about her but I want to. She is special to me and I want to share that here. I am so thankful that God led her into my life. I know that she will always have a very special place in my heart.

And my girls LOVED exploring her farm!
DSC06570

DSC06569

DSC06574

DSC06580
I am so thankful for so many wonderful, true friends that God has led me to throughout my life.

No comments: