Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The First Day

You know how you have those grand plans like for instance when it is your daughter's first day of kindergarten and you are going to get up early to make her pancakes and spoil her before she heads off? Well, I had those grand plans. They were foiled. Pumpkin who is my early bird decided to sleep in and my cell phone which I use for my alarm clock died in the night, so we did not get up in time. She didn't seem to mind that she had cereal and toast. We even had enough time to squeeze in pictures so it was fine.
1st Day of Kindergarten
She was super excited to wear her new outfit for her first day and use the special backpack she got for her birthday. She got a special hairdo too. She was ready to get in the van and go!
1st Day of Kindergarten
There was no fear, no anxiety, no worrying...she bopped right up that sidewalk ready to take on kindergarten.
1st Day of Kindergarten

1st Day of Kindergarten

1st Day of Kindergarten
These are her VERY sweet teachers. The one in the front is the actual classroom teacher and the one behind is the teaching assistant. They are both very friendly and so excited about the upcoming year with this class.
1st Day of Kindergarten
One of Peanut's best buddies is in the same class which makes it even that much greater. We had to get a picture with him and Pumpkin wanted in on the action too.
1st Day of Kindergarten
Here she is at the end of the day in the line waiting for Mommy to pick her up. She was all smiles which says to me that it was a great first day indeed.
1st Day of Kindergarten
She even gave it a thumbs up!
1st Day of Kindergarten
Once we got "home", had lunch and got Pumpkin down it was time to take Daddy to his first day of school too...Grad School! He was a bit more anxious but his schedule and classes will be a wee bit more demanding than Peanut's.
Daddy's First Day of Grad School
This was his Facebook status update after his first day, "Enjoyed my first day of class. Am I really going to study something that I am passionate about for the next two years? I believe so."

I feel so blessed that both of my students love what they are doing and are doing really well. I also feel so blessed that I get to have a few hours each day with just Pumpkin. I am so looking forward to seeing our bond grow even more from this special time.

Now....this weekend we move to our new home and get settled in! Whew! What a roller coaster, but it is a great ride!

1 comment:

Marc and Allison said...

What - no picture of Kevin with his teacher? =) So glad to hear that your little one had a great first day!!!