Monday, June 20, 2011

Touch-A-Truck

Touch a Truck
Pumpkin and I got to do some special one-on-one things last week while Peanut was at camp. We went to the library a couple of times, we played, we colored, and we went to an exciting annual event held here in town, Touch-a-Truck. All types of large vehicles from our city were brought to a local park. Kids could then climb on them, sit in them, pretend to drive them and so on.
Touch a Truck
Pumpkin LOVED it. She was out of her stroller which I still make her ride in when I have Peanut along and she did superbly!
Touch a Truck
Her favorite things were the buses and I am sure it is because she watched her sis-sis leave each morning that week on one. All day long she would say to me, "Sis-sis on da bus," or "Sis-sis on da road," because she watched the bus with her sister drive away on the road. So when she saw the big yellow bus at Touch-a-Truck, she was very excited.
Touch a Truck
We got to see a cement mixer, ambulance, fire truck, pizza delivery van, city bus, university bus, school bus, electric trucks, garbage truck, flat bed truck, and a dump truck. My favorite was the library bookmobile. We have never taken advantage of the bookmobile so I was really impressed with it. It stops at different parts of the city throughout the week so if you can't make it to the library you can go to this library on wheels to check things out or reserve things from the library to be put on the bookmobile for you to pick up. Very cool!
Touch a Truck
She had fun, I had fun...such great things going on here!
Touch a Truck

No comments: