Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's a Great Town

There are so many fun opportunities to partake of here in our community and that I love. Last week we packed up a picnic supper, a blanket, and the kiddos and headed down town to a park to hear the community band play. It was SO MUCH FUN! I kept wishing our extended family were there to share in the great evening. The girls had a ball to say the very least.
Concert in the Park
(I mean really...could Pumpkin cheese it any more?)
Concert in the Park
(That picnic basket was my mom's. Any time I pack it up, I feel like I am taking her along with us. It is something of hers that has meant a lot to me and that I treasure.)
This park had the great feature of a new playground that we had fun initiating while listening to the band play on.
Concert in the Park
(Yes, the girls do have sweatshirts on at the end of June. It was a very chilly late June night. The heat has been turned on again though.)
DSC06029
Of course the girls had to get a jig in before the band finished for the night.
Concert in the Park
There is a beautiful old fountain in the park too. The girls thought it would be fun to jump right in and dance in the water.
Concert in the Park
We made a stop on our way home at a local outdoor ice cream joint. They have great kid priced treats at $0.50 that you just can't beat. The ice cream is soooo good too.
Concert in the Park
I think we have found our Thursday night summer tradition!
Concert in the Park

No comments: