Sunday, June 19, 2011

Celebrate

Last weekend we were invited to a friend's birthday party. This friend's mom and I have a connection. Thirteen years ago this past May she had just come back to the states after being overseas and was visiting her aunt. Her aunt invited her to go along with her to her husband's cousin's wedding which just so happened to be my wedding. The day after the wedding she was with us while Hubby and I opened our wedding gifts, in fact she got the fun job of writing down who gave us what.
Birthday Party
I had not seen her since then but was told by my cousin's wife that she and her family just happened to live in the community we moved to. We became Facebook friends. We didn't actually see each other until the second fall we lived here when we bumped into each other at a Pumpkin patch. You know how it is...you have good intentions but get caught up in the busyness of life.
Birthday Party
This past winter I joined a Bible study at her church which she happened to be in also. We started bumping into each other more and I had the privilege of helping her out with her kids a couple of times after her husband had an accident at work. We have gotten to know each other quite a bit over the course of the winter/spring including a couple of play dates.
Birthday Party
Our kids are getting to be friends now too. It is super cool to have a connection here like this one. I am so very thankful for new friends who were old acquaintances!
Birthday Party
We had a great time celebrating her middle child's 4th birthday. What a fun party!

No comments: