Sunday, June 19, 2011

Camp

Last week Peanut got to be a part of an amazing event put on by our church. Instead of the normal VBS they do a day camp with the kids. It was 4 days long (although Peanut was under the weather the first day) from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. I dropped her off at the church where she along with all of the other campers filled a bus and headed 25 minutes south of here to a camp where they sang, learned about God, made crafts, had snacks, played games and ate lunch together.
Camp Girl
When I picked her up after her first day, she had two questions for me.
1.) "Can I do this again next year, Mom?"
2.) "Some of the kids get to spend the night this week, why can't I?" The campers who are entering 1st or 2nd grade had the option of staying over one night for a bridge experience between day camp and overnight camp.
Camp Girl
I would say that these two questions say it all. SHE HAD A BLAST! She never batted an eye when I dropped her off. She was with one of her best buddies going to camp and she couldn't have been more excited. I am so, so, so grateful for this!
Camp Girl
All week she has been humming and singing the songs they learned at camp. Tonight we head to church to hear her sing with the other campers and see what a day at camp was like for her. What an awesome opportunity!

No comments: