Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Registered

Spring Blooms
Today was a big day here at our house. Peanut and I took a walk to the elementary school that is just around the corner from where we live to register her for kindergarten. I really have no idea how we got to this chapter of life so quickly. She was more than excited to go with me and see the school that in just a few short months will be her school where she will go 5 days a week all day long. ALL.DAY.LONG! I can not wrap my head around the fact that I will not see her from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. I am going to miss her.

Later today I was thinking about the fact that we really only have a few months left in which we have freedom to just go and do as we please. After those few short months are up, we are really tied down. There will be no more hopping the van to go to the zoo together. No more leisurely mornings of playing in our pjs. No more last minute play dates. I know we'll have the summers and breaks for these things, but wow...how it will change.
Kindergarten Registration
I do know that my little girl is ready for it all to start now. For that I am grateful. She is confident. She is excited. She is eager. She will thrive. I am pretty sure that there will be no tears flowing from her eyes on her first day. I will be the one holding that little hand and having a hard time letting it go.
Kindergarten Registration
They always tell you it will go so fast. Boy, were they right!

1 comment:

shannon fay said...

I remember coming to the hospital (with my tiny little kiddos) when she was born, and I was so impressed with how amazing you already were with her, and I just knew you'd be the most wonderful mama. Looking at that gorgeous little almost kindergartener now, I can't help but think to myself, "doggone it, Shannon, you were so right!"

You're amazing, Min, and that peanut of yours is following in your footsteps! ;)