Monday, January 10, 2011

Northward Bound

After our time with Daddy's siblings, we headed back to Dobbie and Papa's for a few days and then spent a few days with Gigi. We got to relax and see some friends. We also all brought in the New Year together. Here are Daddy, Peanut and I minutes after the ball had dropped and 2011 had started. Pumpkin was already tucked snugly into bed by this point.
Happy New Year
Daddy took up the art of silly balloon hat creating for our New Year's shindig. (I can NOT get over how grown up Peanut looks in this picture. How did that happen?)
Happy New Year
There were a few more gifts for the girls to open from friends during our visit. Here Papa is teaching Peanut the fine art of ironing one's socks, a much needed skill, on her new ironing board!
Happy New Year
We were able to attend church with Gigi with the girls wearing their cute new Christmas dresses. He loves showing them off to his church friends and I think they loved being shown off too.
Christmas Sisters
The girls had great fun playing with Dobbie and Papa's kitties. Pumpkin even shared her blanket with a sleeping cat which says alot because she goes nowhere without that blanket.
Happy New Year
The highlight of the time was after our first night at Dobbie and Papa's when I discovered a piece from my new necklace was missing. I thought for sure it had been swept up as we had just swept. I explained what it looked like to Dobbie and she thought she had picked it up, thought it was just a tag from a toy and threw it in the trash. This next picture is true love displayed for me. These two dug through 4 trash bags containing LOTS of coffee grounds looking for a tiny piece of my necklace. (I dug too! Don't worry!)
Lost Jewelery
After digging through one of the 4 bags one more time, there it was...the lost piece! Whew!!!!
Lost Jewelery
(NOT a flattering picture but I was so excited that we had found it!!!!)

No comments: