Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas: Part 3

We had a very relaxing Christmas Day at home. The girls woke up in their own beds and got to come down and see their tree with presents and a letter from Santa. They were pretty excited with the things Santa brought for them. Peanut got some new things for her doll house including a baby and nursery set, a horse, and a few new people. Pumpkin got the Crayola Color Me a Song board. They had fun playing with these new things while we waited for the rest of our troop to wake up.
Christmas Day
Once everyone was up we were ready to open presents. Peanut's style is to open everything very quickly and then wonder why there is nothing else to open. Pumpkin took her time wanting to open the toys and get them out as she opened them.
Christmas Day
Daddy scored some new clothes that were on his wish list and a surprise t-shirt from his favorite podcast. By the way, Daddy did a fabulous job with my wish list. I found several pieces of jewelery that I loved from Etsy and emailed him a list. That's all I got...handmade earrings and necklaces from Etsy and I was over the moon! I will try to remember to post some pics of what he got me.
Christmas Day
I made both girls a doll this year for their handmade gift. They loved them. Peanut was found holding "Eddie" later in the day while sucking her thumb and watching a movie. Pumpkin knows which one is her baby and has claimed ownership.
Christmas Day
The Christmas stockings were the last to be gone through and were filled with socks, underwear, and Target dollar bin goodies.
Christmas Day
The sunglasses were a hit!
Christmas Day
We had a quiet day together of talking, eating, playing fun games, and just basking in the meaning of the day.
Christmas Day
Watching the day unfold through the eyes of our girls is a magical thing. I am so, so, so thankful that I have been called to be a Mommy and blessed with the two most priceless treasures that I could ever imagine.
Christmas Day

1 comment:

the back door said...

those dolls are AMAZING!!! it was great to spend the whole day with you!!!