Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spontaneity

Last week the girls and I had a day alone so after some last minute contemplation, we packed in the van and headed an hour north to a children's museum. It was such a fun time with my little gals and I am so glad we did it...just like that. We didn't plan it at all. The girls had a blast checking out all of the exhibits and fun things to play with.
Children's Museum

They got to dress up like penguins and slide down an "ice hill", dress up like polar bears and crawl inside a polar ben den. (Peanut's favorite part of our trip was dressing up like a penguin.)
Children's Museum
Barbie had her own exhibit too. It was kind of fun pointing to the Barbie artifacts and telling Peanut which ones I had as a child. Wow! Toys I played with are museum relics now.
Children's Museum
This was my favorite thing. It was called the Fireworks of Glass. This huge tower of blown glass is on top of a glass ceiling so you can sit beneath it with the lights reflecting everywhere. It was gorgeous! They also have a revolving bench underneath that you can sit on so it makes it look sort of like a kaleidoscope. There is a man hanging in the second picture beside the tower. He was DUSTING it!!!! I'm glad I don't have to hang from a rope to dust in my house.
Children's MuseumChildren's Museum
Spontaneous trips are filled with memories and excitement!
Children's Museum

No comments: