Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Give Thanks

We are home again, home again. We got to go to Gigi's for Thanksgiving and spend a good portion of the week with him. We had a wonderful time as always. I got to cook dinner this year. Last year we went the easy route and got a meal that was cooked at a local deli. It hit me then how much I enjoy the cooking that comes with the holiday season and how much I missed it so this year I cooked! We did ham instead of turkey since the men and Peanut LOVE ham. I made stuffing (a fabulous crock pot recipe), mashed potatoes, broccoli salad, homemade rolls, and pecan pie. We had very full tummies and ate left-overs many meals after the BIG one. We played games, played with the girls and just relaxed.

As I pondered the things that I am thankful for this year my mind travels right back to Memorial Day weekend when we by the grace of God walked away from an accident that could have taken all of us or caused major injuries. WE WALKED AWAY, ALL OF US! We were banged up really bad and suddenly without a car, but we were all fine. I am so thankful that He held us in his mighty hands and kept us safe in a very dangerous situation. I looked at my little girls this Thanksgiving and my heart swelled with gratefulness. They were running, yelling, giggling...Thank You, Jesus!

I want to close this post with the passage of scripture that was shared on Sunday at church.
Psalm 100
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.


Coloring

No comments: