Sunday, October 17, 2010

Homecoming Parade

Daddy has been SWAMPED with mid-terms and work so we have been out of the house as much as we can to give him some peace and quiet to work and study in.
Homecoming Parade
Friday night the girls and I went downtown for the university's homecoming parade. We even ran into some friends from church and got to sit with them so the kids all played together. (It feels really good to be running into people around town that I know!)
Homecoming Parade
The parade was so much fun. It was the perfect size. The girls got to see the university marching band and cheerleaders.
Homecoming Parade
They also got a ton of candy (which makes me wonder if we still need to go trick or treating? Kidding!)

We saw a pretty interesting bike. I guess this is what you call "bike pooling."
Homecoming Parade
After the parade we started walking to the car and Peanut asked what the crowd at the end of the street was. I told her it was the pep rally and she said she wanted to see it! Ha! We spent some time watching the cheerleaders and band and listening to people we didn't know talk about the big homecoming game. It was fun to be in the crowd though and feel the excitement not to mention the beautiful weather that evening.
Homecoming Parade
When we got home, Peanut told Daddy, "We went to Pepper Alley but I couldn't see it."

I love these little munchkins and I love making these memories with them out and about in our community! We're squeezing as much out of this fall as we can.

No comments: