Monday, October 12, 2009

Wedding

Two weekends ago Daddy was honored to be a part of a friend's wedding. The friend happened to be one of the teens that was in the youth group when Daddy started as a youth minister 12 years ago...oh wait, friend wasn't even in the youth group yet when Daddy started! Ha! But they had a special bond once he was. Friend's to-be wife also joined the youth group and that is how they met. It was such an honor for Daddy to be such a special part of their day as they have been a special part of our lives. (He looked rather handsome too, I think. ;)

The wedding was up north, so we got to stay with Gigi. He was pretty pleased about that. We got there Thursday evening and Daddy headed to the bachelor party that last until the wee hours of the morning. Now most women are concerned when their men head off to bachelor parties....well, I wasn't the least bit. I have a great deal of trust in Daddy. Also I knew the climax of this party would be playing Risk, a strategy board game, and cigars.

On Friday evening we headed to the rehearsal and dinner. Peanut got to go out with Gigi and his special friend. They went to Cracker Barrel and Peanut came home with quite a load of candy from the shop in front of the restaurant! She was pretty excited.

Saturday was the wedding. It was chilly and rainy but still beautiful for fall. I am sure the bride was pretty stressed about the weather, but it did hold out long enough for their ceremony to be outside. It was beautiful. She used browns and lots of fall colors. I loved it. The coolest thing was the groom's gift to the groomsmen. He had them pick out a color of Converse high tops which he presented to them as their gift for being in the wedding. Each groomsmen then wore the hightops in the wedding. It was really neat. Daddy chose maroon. The other colors chosen by the other guys were white, green, and light blue.

I do have to admit it was a stressful afternoon for me. Pumpkin had one of her explosive outbursts before we headed out and was a bit out of sorts. It was hard as Daddy was in the wedding party and I was on my own with the girls. A friend I had not seen in quite some time was at our table during the reception, though and helped me so much. That was such a blessing! Here are the pictures from the wedding.

I may have stolen this picture from a friend, but I just love it!
Wedding

Wedding Wedding
Wedding Wedding

Peanut had a ball playing with the other kids at the reception. They twirled and ran all over the dance floor.
Wedding

Here is my sweet friend who offered lots of help and let me eat my dinner while it was still hot. How wonderful is that?
Wedding

Here is the couple's first dance together.
Wedding

Daddy danced with his little sweethearts! (See his shoes?)
Wedding Wedding

Peanut had her first dance with a boy. Be still my heart!!!
Wedding

My sweet family...
Wedding

Here is Daddy with the groom.
Wedding

This pic below is pretty special...it is a group of guys that spent countless hours with us over the years. There are some faces missing from the picture but they all hold a special place in our hearts.
Wedding

And the happy couple!
Wedding

It was a fun time! So glad to be a part of it!
-Mama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't steal that picture. I checked and we still have ours so I don't think we can get you for theft. Enjoyed your blog. Jim and Sue.

Joy ☺ said...

Love the Converse hitops idea! And that is a great family pic of you guys!