Thursday, September 24, 2009

Surprise!!!!

I love surprises. I really do! (Honey, I love them just in case you forgot. Heehee!) I love receiving them and springing them on others. I had the pleasure of springing one on some good friends from up north. I was able to be a part of a very special group of women up north...The Thursday Night Craft Girls. A very sweet friend of mine started this group a few years back before I was a Mommy. She started it for those of us at church who could not be a part of the Mom's morning group because of work (and lack of kiddos). It has been such a blessing to me so many times. What a great group of ladies that is always so full of fun and laughs and what cute things we have made!
Craft Night Surprise Craft Night Surprise
So after our decision to move south, this group was one of the things that I was dearly going to miss. Wouldn't you know it, though, our yard at our old house was in desperate need of mowing right about the same time for the fall kick-off for the Thursday night group. I made a plan and I executed it. I drove north, dropped Peanut off at Gigi's and headed to sweet friend's home. As I pulled into her driveway, conveniently 15 minutes late, I called her. My plan was to see how everyone was and say how much I missed them and then walk in. Well sweet friend is a smarty pants and guessed that I was in her driveway and came bounding out the door to meet me. It was so fun. The best part was just to be with a group of people who know me. I could just let my hair down and be myself with them...it was wonderful. I love those ladies so much. We also made the cutest little Carmel Apple Kits to give away to someone. This will be a fun thing to give away to a new neighbor of ours, if any of them would just make eye contact. The kit will go to the first neighbor who looks at us! Haha!
Craft Night Surprise

Craft Night Surprise Craft Night Surprise
They are all in agreement that a once a month visit for Thursay Night Craft Girls is not too much to ask of Daddy...we'll see ladies, we'll see! Daddy doesn't like these goodbyes too often though. He loves his girls quite a bit! I am so thankful for a hubby who knows how important it is to me to be able to go back when I need to visit and doesn't make me feel guilty one bit! Thank you, Honey!
Bye Dad! Bye Dad!
We had a great time while we were there. On Friday morning I did my original task of mowing at our old house. I can't spend much time there as I really miss our home. So mowing is quick! Later in the day some of Gigi's friends stopped by for supper with us. We love seeing all of these friends. They are special to our hearts. Later my best friend, her hubby and son stopped by to join us for some homemade ice cream. It was such a fun evening again with friends, people who know me. Ahhh! Best Friend's son informed us that he and Peanut would like to celebrate Christmas together this year...how sweet is that?

On Saturday morning we headed to a local festival with Gigi and his new special friend. ;) She is a real sweetheart and special lady! (Counting my blessings!) Peanut had a ball riding the rides and Pumpkin loved being held by her Gigi.
Apple Festival Apple Festival Apple Festival
Apple Festival
This boat ride was by far Peanut's favorite ride. We used alot of tickets on it. I explained to her before her final ride that we were all out of tickets so she would have to get off when the ride stopped. Of course, the ride stopped and she wanted to ride again! I was just getting ready to crawl in and get her out when the ride operator looked at me, winked and said she could ride again! She has quite a way with boys! Geesh! :)
Apple Festival
After the rides we ate lunch. We all decided on coney dogs. We sat down and said prayer before we ate. When I opened my eyes, there was cutie pie Pumpkin sitting on Gigi's lap stuffing the coney dog wrapper in her mouth and we were one coney dog short. She had grabbed his coney dog, which rolled to the ground so settled on eating the wrapper. What a wild child she is!!!! She was quite happy with that accomplishment. Gigi's special friend got quite a kick out of her determination.
Apple Festival
So this is the part of the story where I feel so truly taken care of and well cared for....

Stay tuned for why!
-Mama

2 comments:

shannon fay said...

Oh, Min...I love you...and your girls...and your hubby...and your dad and his special friend =) We had such a sweet time with you guys. Thanks for giving me the scoop on your visit so we could be with you! Hopefully it won't be too long before Peanut and Timma can get together and plan our Christmas festivities....you know...I'm appointing them to the PPC right now. =)

Joy ☺ said...

I would eat the wrapper if the coney dog fell too. She's a girl after my own heart. :)