Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Cute Little Sicky

This morning Peanut woke up at 6 a.m.  I put her in bed with us and discovered she was very cold and clammy.  Around 8:30 a.m. I checked her again and she was very sweaty and her heart was racing but no temperature.  At 10:00 a.m. she finally came downstairs and laid on the couch.  She drank some juice and had just a little yogurt.  I was anxious to see if she could keep it down.  At 10:30 the doctor's office returned my phone call from earlier in the morning and advised to bring her in since she was so lethargic.  She slept until our appointment at 1:30 p.m.  Her heart was still beating fast but was a result of being sick.  It's the flu bug!  Poor thing!  She has been laying around now since we got home.  That is fine with me since I am recovering from my bug too.  I am so worn out today.  I am showered and dressed though!  That is progress.  A trip to Wal-Mart was more than I could take, though and I passed out on the floor for a while.  It's amazing how worn out being sick can make us.  


And just so you know 6 out of 8 adults from that big group picture in the previous post got sick and 9 out of the 15 kids got sick!  We just put it all together today through emails back and forth.  And it was passed on to other family members in the various homes after us who were infected got home.  

One friend called the restaurant where we ate to let them know and of course they pleaded innocence.  They told her there no other complaints and no employees were sick.  Ha!  Like an employee who was sick would tell them!  We think they had a sick cook or something.  

It is almost 6 p.m. and Peanut is playing at her little market/kitchen thing.  This is the first that she has really been up doing anything all day!  

And guess who just went poopy in her potty for the first time ever...Peanut.  She came and told us she had to go, so I took her in and she went!  We are not seriously training right now, so I guess we will be.  Anyone know where I can find some plastic underpants covers?  I really want to use those with panties versus pull-ups all the time.  

-Mama

2 comments:

Joy ☺ said...

you told Cora to go poop in the potty so that she and dawson could be poop friends together! What a great BFF you are.
When I go pick up some of those plastic covers from Wal-Mart I'll let you know what section I found them in. Cuz I'm nice like that.

Julie said...

I thought you might have gone poop in the potty for the first time, Mindy! :) Why else would I had to have guessed!?

Glad to know you're all on the mend!