Friday, October 17, 2008

Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer

At Mom's viewing there were many dear friends who came to show their support. Two in particular had just returned from a Women's conference and had the opportunity to hear Keith and Kristyn Getty whom I was not familiar with. One friend brought the cd she had just purchased with a note on the top. It said, "Song #3 - 'Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer - is for your mom, and also for you and your dad. Love and Blessings." I had forgotten about the cd with all that was going on. I just put it in the computer to listen to and am overwhelmed by the beauty of the words and how precisely they express what Mom went through. Here are the lyrics...with my own words below.

Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer

Jesus, Draw me ever nearer
As I labor through this storm;
You have called me through this passage,
And I'll follow, though I'm worn.
(Mom labored for so long in the storm of illness and her body was so worn out. We don't know why she was called to follow this road, but she was and I know that His understanding is far greater than mine.)

May this journey bring a blessing,
May I rise on wings of faith;
And at the end of my heart's testing,
With Your likeness let me wake.
(I believe she rose on wings at 4:04 am on October 10 and that was the end of her testing. She awoke in perfection before her Jesus.)

Jesus, guide me through this tempest
Keep my spirit staid and sure;
When the midnight meets the morning.
Let me love You even more.
(She now knows, she understands why she faced this tempest and she loved Him even more as the midnight met the morning at 4:04 am.)

Let the treasures of the trial
Form within me as I go-
And at the end of this long passage,
Let me leave them at Your throne.
(She has left her treasures at His feet after her long, long battle.)

Thank you Lynn for sharing this with me. It is perfect. I hope it gives hope to those of you who read the words.

2 comments:

shannonfay said...

Min, this is beautiful, and you are so right. God will continue to ease your sorrow, but isn't it good to have His peace to rest in in the mean time? Love you!

Joy ☺ said...

What a perfect song. I imagine it's on repeat? :)
Music has always ministered to my spirit in rough times.