Friday, August 08, 2008

Funny Story

Toddlers are literal. Oops! This week we were pretending to talk on the phone that was actually an arch shaped block. I pretended to be talking to Elmo and said, "Oh, you want us to come to your house. That would be fun." Then I got off the phone and asked Peanut if she wanted to go to Elmo's house. She eagerly nodded her head. Now all week she has asked repeatedly, "Momo's house?" I explained to her that Elmo lives in New York City on Sesame St. and that is far away so we can't go there right now as it is too far. Toddlers don't understand distance either. Hmmm...so far there have been no tears about not going to Elmo's house.
-Mama

1 comment:

Joy ☺ said...

oh my goodness!! i am laughing sooooo hard right now! Elmo's house! Way to go! Don't dissapoint my son when you come over please. HA HA! I love these stories. I need to laugh.