Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Turning 2!

Zoo Trip
More posting! Can you believe it? I haven't done more than one post in a week for a long time! Hope you enjoy because I just uploaded 121 pictures from our camera onto our computer! It's been a busy 2 days! Peanut turned 2 and we went to the zoo! (Do you like my rhyming skills?)
Zoo Trip Zoo Trip
Saturday Peanut was still just a mess. She was tired and I am sure she still felt yucky. By Sunday we were ready to get out of the house, so we headed to our local zoo with Dobbie, Sister-in-Law and her 3 girls. I rented a wagon for Peanut to ride in so she wouldn't wear herself out, but just the short visit pooped her out. We spent the evening with the family then headed home for bed.
Zoo Trip
Monday was the big birthday day! Daddy met us at Pizza Hut for a birthday lunch together. We had big plans for our evening but everyone was so worn out from the past week that we decided to keep it low key and just celebrate at Dobbie and Papa's since the cousins were still in town. It was good for Peanut who was still pretty tired from the fun of last week and all that happened to her this weekend.
Happy 2nd Birthday!
Peanut got lots of fun new things. On the morning of her birthday I gave her a baby doll bed that my great uncle had made for my mom when she was a little girl. I remember playing with it quite a bit as a little girl too. It was a yucky brown color and in need of a new paint job. I used a pretty pale blue from Dobbie's plethora of left-over paints. It turned out so pretty. I wish I had taken a before picture for you. I also got creative and made a small scrappy quilt to put on top of the baby bed. I think it turned out really cute for not using a pattern and sewing at 12am the morning of her birthday! I even used my stitch in the ditch skills. Ha! And as a special treat I dug out my most favorite baby doll to give to Peanut. Her name is Suzie and Peanut calls her "Sooey".
Happy 2nd Birthday! Happy 2nd Birthday!
She also got....are you ready for this?......Panties and training pants!!!! Wow! Big girl! I guess training will commence sooner than later. She also got LeapFrog Fridge Phonics, a car seat for her baby doll, a book, a puzzle, a baby bottle, and stickers. She also got an apron that I made for her. She had fun wearing it most of the night.
Happy 2nd Birthday! Happy 2nd Birthday! Happy 2nd Birthday!
Apron
Tomorrow we will be having a small shindig with all of her grandparents at Gigi's house. I am attempting to make a birthday cow cake for her. Stay tuned for pictures!

Here are some cute pics from today of Peanut playing with some of her new things.
We had to run to Wal-Mart tonight and she had to take her baby doll in her new baby carrier from Dobbie. (When we got home, she put the baby to bed in the new baby doll bed.)
Going Bye Bye!
Then she proceeded to put on all of her new underwear!
Underwear!

That's the birthday news in a nutshell! I did forget that I did shed some tears on her birthday. I can't believe she is 2 and it just has been an emotional few days for me. I am so grateful for her health!
-Mama

1 comment:

shannonfay said...

what an amazing mama Peanut has!

love you, me =)