Monday, July 07, 2008

Lots Going On!

Alot has happened since my last blog. I just uploaded 122 pictures from our camera, but I think that 100 of them were of fireworks that my hubby took from the other night. Ha! He had to get the perfect shot. He did get some good ones.

We have become a one car family for the time being. Our faithful Elantra kicked the bucket. Daddy got it the year before we got married. It was SUCH a great car. We had very few problems with it. We had put 175,000 miles on it in the past 11 years. Wow. So, now we are on the hunt for a good deal. We thought we had one but it just fell through this morning. Dobbie and Papa have
really been helping us out with getting around the past couple of weeks. Thank you!!!!



Peanut had her first experience with frozen sweet cherries and LOVED them as you can see from the pics below. Grandpa, Peanut and I finished a whole bag of them last Wednesday. It was a HOT and muggy day so it was quite a cool treat.









We keep our stroller on our front porch usually. Peanut discovered that she could climb on top of the recycling bin and into the stroller. She loves her stroller because it means going on walks, so she has been doing this quite frequently. "I'm ready to go guys!"







Daddy had 4th of July off so we headed to see the fireworks! We hadn't got to go last year because we weren't together on the 4th. Peanut was only 11 months old so she had probably passed out before I could take her to them. This year we got to go. We worked outside all day, took our baths, ordered pizza and went to fireworks. Peanut couldn't understand why she was having her bath so early and kept saying, "Night, night!" She did wonderful with the fireworks. She wasn't scared at all and kept saying, "Pop!" She also discovered
that fireflies are much more interesting than fireworks. Ha! Oh, the discovering of new things through a child's eyes.




They handed out 3-D glasses as we walked in but of course, we forgot to use them! Oh well! Peanut liked putting them on beforehand.





































Dobbie's flowers are in full bloom right now. Peanut has lots of fun looking at them and picking them. Check out that cute face! (Peanut's not Daddy.)









Here is Peanut watching Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn, Mama's favorite actress. This was a proud, proud moment for Mama! Heehee!












Peanut loves to play the piano with Dobbie. She is so proud of herself when she does it. Check out how she is "helping" her right hand with her left hand. She does that when she is trying something new. She learned it from us holding her hand helping her do different things, so now she thinks she needs to do it to herself.


















We also got to see some friends this week who were in town. Our buddy from California was here for 2 days visiting family. We were so lucky that she squeezed us into our quick trip. We love her bunches. She brought Peanut the cutest little beanie hat that she had made. I will get a pic of her in it soon!






Peanut and I also got to see some friends from Florida that we hadn't seen in 6 years and friends from Michigan that we hadn't seen for a year. We all went to college together. We all met for an early lunch and play time at a park. It was so fun to catch up and see each other. It felt like we were all able to just pick up from the last times we were together. That's a wonderful sign of friendship! I love you girls! :)


















Here Peanut and Daddy are doing their exercises with her new exercise Care Bear from her cousins. She loves this bear so much! It is the funniest thing to watch her dance with it. "Let's get physical, physical...."

















We have also been busy building new websites and sewing. I think you can figure out which Daddy is doing and which Mama is doing. We are both loving these ventures. I think I'm becoming a sewing addict as I have to finish my project even if I am so tired I can't concentrate. Ha. Dobbie is pretty excited about that.

I am so sorry about the appearance of this blog. For some reason our Flickr account is not uploading to our Flock server, so I had to do this the old fashioned way and nothing is working right. So deal with it! Hahah!

-Mama

4 comments:

ばらっち said...

how cute girl!
I have 3 kids(2boys and a girl).
My girl is 2year old.
Please visit my site!It is written in Japanese but show some pictures.

http://baratchfamilykidspets.blogspot.com/

Krista said...

Mindy,

It was so good to see you and to meet Cora. I am so glad we could get together. It was the highlight of my trip! :-)

Love ya!

Joy ☺ said...

I love the exercise bear! That picture made me laugh.
Umm..
Are you becoming famous?

shannonfay said...

I love your blog so much....it always makes me smile! I miss you so much. It was such a needed oasis in my day to hear your beautiful voice....thanks for listening to me vent! I can't wait to get home and see all your handiwork....I know as your bff I'm gonna get hooked up with some of your fabulous needlcraft, right???