Saturday, May 10, 2008

And We're Back!

***Warning...this is long! Readers beware! Grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and enjoy.

Finally, we're back. Our computer had some problems and we had to send it in to Apple to be fixed, but the wrong thing was fixed so we had to send it in again! AND when it came back everything was GONE, that means pictures too! I was a wreck...poor Daddy didn't want to tell me. BUT I am ok now...we have most of them on Flickr. We just hadn't gotten them put on a cd yet. But do we really need all 5 shots of the same picture? It's ok...really it is. That's what I keep telling myself.

We have had it back for a few days but I just have had no time to sit down and write a blog nor upload the many pictures that were on our camera. I have been looking forward to BLOGGING!!!! I have missed you, old friend. Ha! Am I a blog nerd? Ha!

We have had some fun things going on the past few weeks. Instead of boring you with wordy details, I will post pictures. Just so you know, there are LOTS more on our flickr page.

So to start with...Peanut has had some special surprises. She had the cutest tiny bike waiting for her at Dobbie and Papa's. She loves it so much. This picture was taken with my phone so it is tiny. Sorry about that.

Untitled

At Grandpa's there was a turtle sandbox waiting for her.
Sand Box

Cora go girl.">We also spent an afternoon with some really good friends at the zoo. They also had us over for supper also. We hadn't seen them all since Daddy's birthday in January and they only live 30 minutes away. We're all so busy! I hate that excuse but it is true.
Zoo Zoo

Zoo Zoo Supper

This picture cracks us up even though it isn't that great. Our friends have a Wii and Peanut found the two controllers, so of course she thought they were phones and called someone, probably Dobbie to tell her about the zoo.
Supper

We have spent lots of time outside playing. I found a picnic table and small slide for a total of $5 at a church Trash and Treasure Sale! Oh, I love deals! One problem with playing outside is that Peanut LOVES putting rocks in her mouth and she doesn't care if they are covered in dirt. YUCK-O! We are trying to break this little habit.
Dirty Face

She contintues to be a wonderful Mama with her baby dolls. Here are a couple of pictures of her playing with her babies.
Porch Picnic Going Shopping Feeding the Dolls

At our last Library Storytime, we had a celebration party for baby animals. There was a lamb and lots of chicks. Peanut LOVED it! She even gave the lamb some kisses.
StoryTime StoryTime StoryTime StoryTime

And we got our picture in the local paper! How fun!
We made the paper!

We got some really neat "treasures" from our celebration including lots of stickers which Peanut spent at least a half hour putting on a paper, rearranging and putting on Mommy's face.
Crafty Girl Crafty Girl

This past Tuesday night we went to see our friends graduate from college. Mr. Friend graduated with a degree in public affairs and Mrs. Friend graduated with a degree in biochemistry. Mrs. Friend will be leaving mid-June for Army basic training then this fall will begin Medical School! We are so proud of both of you and are so glad we got to share this happy evening with you.
Graduation

There were over 1,000 graduates, so the ceremony was 2 1/2 hours long and Peanut did so well. We were very proud of her. She made a new pal, Mr. Friend's brother. He played with her, ate a slimy wet goldfish that she gave him, and even endured a wet spot on his pants which we are hoping was just drool. Ha!
Graduation Graduation Graduation

So as you can see, life has been very full. Last night we had graduation at my preschool. It was a fun evening but sad too. Those kids mean an awful lot to me. It is hard to let them go, but I know they will succeed and do well. The past week has been so busy between working, visiting family, preparing for preschool graduation. Poor Peanut hasn't been home much. We are so thankful for Dobbie's help this week and Papa's. Thank you so much! Needless to say, Peanut and I are just relaxing today. Mama is worn out and Peanut is playing hard with her toys in between thumb sucking sessions on the floor.

Here is what I found one day as Peanut was eating lunch. I was washing dishes and when I turned around this is what I saw.
Exhausted
This has never happened before, so I knew she was pooped! Off to bed she went!

And to close...
We saw another REALLY good movie the other night, but you will need the Kleenex box. It is an independent film called Bella! It was another wonderful movie about the meaning of friendship and sacrifice.

This is the first "flower" that Peanut picked for me last week.
The first flower that Cora ever picked for me.

Here is a special present from someone I love dearly (Dobbie). It will create lots of beautiful things after the master seamstress has given me some serious tutorials!
my new hobby.

I hope you are all enjoying the fresh rhubarb that is in season right now. Yumm-o! Rhubarb is one of my favorite things. I have been busy making Rhubarb Crisp a recipe from Daddy's Grandmother. I will share it with you real quick.

Oatmeal Rhubarb Crunch
1 c. sifted flour
3/4 c. oatmeal
1 c. brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. melted butter
Mix all until crumbly. Press 1/2 mixture in a 9" square greased pan.
4 c. diced rhubarb
Cover crumble mixture in pan.
1 c. sugar
2 t. cornstarch (I used more)
1 c. water
1 t. vanilla
Combine in saucepan and cook until thick. Pour over rhubarb.
Top with over 1/2 of crumble mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
YUM!

And lastly, Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommies out there. (I know it's a day early, but I won't have the computer tomorrow.) Motherhood is certainly amazing. I am so grateful to have this beautiful little person who has made me a Mama. I had no idea how hearing your own child say, "Mama" or "Mommy" could make your heart soar. This is my most favorite picture from Peanut's first day!
Mindy and Cora
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new."
-Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

-Mama

5 comments:

shannonfay said...

I love the blog...worth the wait =) I will have a very similar apology for the wait/huge update coming soon on my own....then again maybe I'll just post a link to the facebook album....I am worn out!We have to get together before I go to basic training for sure.....I miss you already and I just saw you this week!

hugs!

Matt, Julie, Rebecca & Jacob said...

Glad to see you've returned! While you were away from blogging, I've started blogging. We'll see how long I last! Have a great Mother's Day!

Colleen said...

Glad you got your computer back and in working order. And yes we will have to have "coffee" someday soon. Maybe we can get together over the summer sometime.

Joy ☺ said...

yay! You're baaack. Now I don't have to send you annoying emails begging you to return and renew our friendship. ha!
Love and miss you!
Love all the Cora-kins pics! yay.
OH-gotta jet, Jim and Pam are trying to get ahold of me to figure when is the best time for him to propose.
ciao.

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
Why were you in the paper? I tried searching it and couldn't find you. It was good to hear you guys are doing great!! Miss you. Allison