Thursday, April 10, 2008

Staying Busy

We're always busy, so what's new? Daddy has been busy working some overtime and recording. I've been busy with preschool and Peanut. I'll give you a photo history of our past few days.

Peanut has learned how to dunk cookies in coffee. Oh so yummy, and so very messy!
Coffee and Cookies

She got to go to the mall with Dobbie and Mama and ride on her first merry-go-round! She loved it. The other little girl on the ride loved it too
because some other Mommy was funding her second ride.
First Merry Go Round

On the way home from the mall, Peanut was not too thrilled about being in her car seat, so I let her talk to Daddy on the phone. You can see the utter look of disgust about being in her seat on her face. If only we knew what she was telling Daddy.

Phone Conversation Phone Conversation

Peanut also spent some time in the woods at my parent's house with Grandpa and I. She was enthralled by the chorus of frogs that were singing to her in a mud hole. There must have been quite a few because it was very loud. She also spotted some hawks in the sky and was taken with them. She loves to watch birds right now. She always has to go for a ride on the lawn tractor and motor scooter while at Grandpa's too. She expects it now. Ha!

Listening to the Frogs

We had Dobbie and Papa over on Monday night for the big basketball game. Dobbie taught Peanut how to make a frowning face. The only problem with her frown is that it made us all laugh hysterically which egged her on more.

Frowning
Frowning
That is just a small glimpse of what we have been up to.

Daddy will be recording another band this weekend. Peanut and I will be spending time with a friend from college and her little boy. We also have an open house at the preschool on Sunday so I will spend some more time at work making sure things are ready for that.

Also on Sunday we will be attending the In God's Arms service for our baby. Knowing that is coming has brought the loss up again so it has been on my mind quite a bit lately. I am looking forward to the service as I know it will give us some added closure. Unfortunately the weather is not looking very promising for the outdoor service. It is supposed to be raining/snowing and in the low 40's. Not such great weather for being outside.

So that is it in a nutshell.
-Mama

3 comments:

Joy ☺ said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the frowny face. You think hers is good, you should see MINE. ha ha.
I like how I got a spot in this blog. Though it was anonymous. I could be any friend with a little boy. But it's ME friends of the Flicks!

Valerie said...

Thanks for my visit with you. I will be back soon.

Julie said...

Praying for you today.