Monday, April 14, 2008

In God's Arms

On Sunday Daddy and I attended the service for our baby. We were surprised by the number of people in attendance on this cold and dreary day. There were at least 50 others there including hospital chaplains, nurses, funeral home representatives, and many family and friends of the babies that had been lost. We were each given a white carnation to lay on a headstone that said 2008 to memorialize the spot where the babies had been laid to rest. It was obvious that the babies had been buried earlier as the ground was freshly disturbed. The service consisted of prayers, scripture reading from Psalm 139 and responsive readings. They also called the names of the babies that were being honored that day. Since we did not find out before the service whether our baby was a boy or girl, our baby was called Baby F for the service. We were also given a small candle to keep as a memory from the day. The service was done very well and was very respectful of the families. I handled it better than I thought I would, but it was still hard especially laying the flower on the gravesite. The good days are much more frequent, but then something happens and I am taken right back to the hurt and ache like it happened yesterday.

The following is a video of the husband and wife duo Watermark singing a song they titled Glory Baby. It was written after they went through a miscarriage. It has come to mean alot to me over the past couple of months.



I also wanted to express my deepest sympathies to the Smith family as they said good-bye to their precious Audrey Caroline this past week. They were given just over 2 hours with their beautiful daughter before she took her last breath and became healed in the presence of God. If you have not yet read their story, I urge you to do so. Angie posted a beautiful letter to her daughter on Friday. Here is a family in the midst of heartbreak, but their faith and trust in Jesus is stronger than ever. Their testimony and Audrey's story are reaching hearts and places they could never have imagined. Their blog is at audreycaroline.blogspot.com.
-Mama

3 comments:

shannonfay said...

I'm thinking about you, praying for you and loving you, my amazing friend.

Joy ☺ said...

I love the song, "Glory Baby" by Watermark. I think of you when I listen to it.
Love you.

Debra said...

Mrs. Flick,

Thank you for sharing the song, Glory Baby. It makes me cry. We are hurting aren't we?

But Heaven is our babies' home, and that is amazing.

Hugs to you,
Debra