Saturday, February 02, 2008

Special Day

Let me start by sharing a funny story...this morning I had to take a shower to get ready for our special day. As usual I put Peanut in the bathroom with me and locked the door so she could not escape. She got busy playing with the travel toiletries in her special drawers in the bathroom and I got busy taking my shower. As I was shaving my leg, I heard this thud followed by shrieks and tears. I turned around to find that Peanut had crawled over the bathtub ledge and fallen into the shower. She was crying because the water was streaming down her head due to the shower. She has never had a shower, only baths! Mind you she was in her pajamas standing in the shower with me! For a mere 2 seconds, I stood there not knowing what to do first, but quickly turned the water off and stripped her pajamas and diaper off only to find she had a treat in her diaper which was now all over the tub floor! AUGHHHH! Where is Daddy when I need him? Ha! We got things cleaned up and then continued with our first shower together. Wow! She kept grinning at me knowing that she had pulled a good one on Mommy!

Peanut and I got well taken care of today while Daddy was at work. One of my college room-mates came with her family and took us out to lunch at our favorite Hispanic restaurant here in town. She was dying to eat there after reading about it previously on our blog....so I know that deep down that was her real reason for coming to see me....salsa and chips! Just Kidding. Then just us girls went to Starbucks for Peppermint Mochas and headed home to chat.
Out to Lunch
(Sorry this pic is so blurry. The batteries in my camera were getting low.)

Then some other friends who were in town for a wedding stopped to see us. They bestowed pizza and cheesy bread upon us for supper. We had fun discussing our LOST theories and the season premier. (Daddy and I are LOST addicts!) We also enjoyed watching our kids who are 6 months apart play together. It is so amazing to see the differences between boys and girls even at such a young age.
Friends

Thank you friends for a day of fun and fellowship. It meant alot to me and also to Daddy. He is thankful knowing that we are being well taken care of while he is away at work, although it would have been better to have him with us!

Below is a picture of the figurine that I bought last week for us to remember our baby. It is the Willow Tree Angel, Always, I Will Remember. I needed something to memorialize our child and felt that this was perfect.
Always, I will Remember
One of our biggest concerns after learning that we had lost this child was what was going to happen to the baby after the surgery. The hospital where we had the surgery done has started a new program called "In God's Arms" in connection with a local funeral home. Four times a year they hold a special service at a nearby cemetery where they will bury the babies lost to miscarriage together. This program is based upon Psalm 139:13-14, "For You created my inmost being, You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know that full well." It also "reaffirms the privilege and responsibility, the sacredness of life and fragility of it and allows parents to be connected to someone they never saw but that was very much a part of their life." Our service will be held sometime in April. It will help knowing that there is somewhere we can go to remember this child.
Always, I will Remember
Since we lost the baby farther into the pregnancy our doctors all advised that we have some genetic testing done to see if there is something we might need to know for future pregnancies. In the process of the testing, we will also be able to find out if it was a boy or girl. At that point we will be able to name the baby too as a way of honoring this life.

Again thank you all so much for your prayers for our family. They are not going unanswered. With each prayer, phone call, email, card we are being encouraged.

Lamentations 3:21-25
"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning,
Great is your faithfulness."
-Mama

3 comments:

Watered Spring said...

This is Amy Petz (Julie's sister in law). Know that you are still in my thoughts and prayers as you go through the testing and such. It can be a rough process, but hopefully it will help in future pregnancies. I also love the willow tree figurine. What a precious reminder of your special babe!
Thinking and praying,
Amy

Joy said...

Thank you for spending special moments with me this weekend! Even though I really just wanted the chips and salsa... ha! j/k. :) I loved hearing that you get to have a memorial and everything. I'm sure that brought such peace. I love you very much and hope to get to spend time with you again very soon!!!!

Watered Spring said...

I completely understand that trying to wrap your mind around it feeling. I don't know if you knew, but I too lost a boy at almost 16 weeks gestation. It truly is a moment by moment turning your thoughts to the Lord and His goodness especially when there are no answers. I pray that you will recieve some answers and that the Lord will truly pour His strength on you! Please know that if there is anything I can pray specifically for or even if you need to talk (granted you don't know me, but I am able to listen and understand in part) you may share requests with Julie to pass on or contact me
Because of His grace,
Amy Petz