Sunday, January 27, 2008

One Moment More

Where do I begin? First let me just say, "Thank You!" Thank you to those of you who have sent cards, called, sent emails, visited us, kept Cora for us, lifted us up in prayer and all of the other things that I am forgetting or do not know about. This has been the hardest thing for us to go through. Your support has helped in so many ways.

I had my surgery this past Tuesday. I was a total wreck going into it. Not only was I trying to deal with our loss but I was also trying to prepare for my first surgical procedure ever. I had never even had an I.V. before. Daddy was so supportive during this. The Lord blessed us with the best team of nurses and wonderful doctors. We had never met the doctor who was doing the surgery before so she met with us on her day off the day before. That meant a lot to both Daddy and I. The surgery went as well as it could have. I had spent so much time researching the actual procedure that I was not prepared for the recovery. There have been a number of things that have taken me by surprise during this process.

There have been some very rough patches this past weekend. Daddy stayed home from work today to help me as it was a hard morning. My bff spent last Saturday with me and Friday and Saturday this weekend. The thought of being alone is a bit more than I can handle yet and I am not supposed to be lifting Peanut too much.

Peanut has been such a joy to us during this time. We have had some special times this past week. I will add some pictures below for you to see what she has been up to that has made us smile. I'm sorry that this blog seems so choppy. I just don't know what to write, so enjoy pictures!
Loving the Pudding Loving the Pudding
Peanut has been enjoying using her spoon to eat chocolate pudding! Pudding Face Pudding Face

Peanut has enjoyed putting her "baby" in her jumper and high chair lately. She is such a good mama!
Mama

We helped Daddy celebrate his 32nd birthday (although I got confused and thought it was his 33rd birthday, maybe because that's what I turned a few weeks ago. 33 on the brain!) on Saturday with some friends. He got a bluetooth headset for his cell phone, chocolate covered coffee beans, and Season 3 of The Office.

Happy Birthday Daddy! Happy Birthday Daddy!
Happy Birthday Daddy! Happy Birthday Daddy!

Happy Birthday Daddy! Happy Birthday Daddy!
-Mama
If you would like to see more pics of pudding face go to our flickr site.

One Moment More
Mindy Smith


Hold me
Even though I know you're leaving
And show me
All the reasons you would stay
It's just enough to feel your breath on mine
To warm my soul and ease my mind
You've got to hold me and show me now

Give me
Just one part of you to cling to
And keep me
Everywhere you are
It's just enough to steal my heart and run
And fade out with the falling sun

Oh, please don't go
Let me have you just one moment more
Oh, all I need
All I want is just one moment more
You've got to hold me and keep me

Tell me that someday you'll be returning
And maybe
Maybe I'll believe
It's just enough to see a shooting star
To know you're never really far
It's just enough to see a shooting star
To know you're never really gone

Oh, please don't go
Let me have you just one moment more
Oh, all I need
All I want is just one moment more

Oh, please don't go
Let me have you just one moment more
Oh, all I need
All I want is just one moment more
You've got to hold me and maybe I'll believe

So hold me
Even though I know you're leaving


3 comments:

Kori said...

Mindy~ Thank you for your comment...I am so sorry for your loss and will certainly be praying for you and your sweet family! I hope that the song will be an encouragement to you! I don't know if you know that I lived with Gary and Karen my Junior year at Cedarville! Small World, huh? Again, I will be praying for you as you heal...God Bless! Kori

shannonfay said...

I love you so much, Min! You really are doing an amazing job in spite of everything right now....Cora is happy as ever, you made it back to preschool this week (trust me...all your staff and mommies are happy about that!) plus you threw a party for your husband that was so crazy it aged him a whole extra year....ok kidding about that last part. You keep hanging in there though and know that I'm here for you (or there if you need me to be!)I love you and will keep praying for you!

hugs, shannon

P.S. Timothy was very jealous that there was no picture of him in the tunnel with Cora =)

Owl mama said...

I'm thankful to see your post. May our Father continue to comfort as only He can. Keeping you and Kevin in prayer,
-dawn