Saturday, December 15, 2007

Wedding

Mama and Cora Yesterday we headed to Ohio with Dobbie and Papa for Daddy's cousin's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding. Matt and Joanna have dated for 6 1/2 years and finally tied the knot. Of course, I don't have any pictures of the bride and groom. Oops! I seemed to have focused on a little girl most of the time. Matt and Joanna are certainly dedicated to seeking the Lord in the years that lie ahead. Their wedding was a gorgeous reflection on their commitment to each other and to the Lord and their promise to each other of purity.
Flick Family
It took us 4 hours to get to the wedding, scrunched in a Toyota Corolla with 4 adults and one tiny girl in a HUGE car seat. We were packed pretty tight! And then it was 4 hours home! It feels so good to stretch today! Peanut had it good in that car seat with room to stretch and cross her little legs! Ha!
Dancing
Peanut did so great in the car. I had bought her a new toy for the trip and pulled it out when she was melting down. That really helped. She played and played with her new "palm pilot" grinning from ear to ear. On the way home she was out within 30 minutes of leaving and slept the whole way home as did Mommy and Daddy. Thank you so much Papa for staying awake and driving us home safely.
Dancing
Peanut did very well at the wedding. She got a bit squirmy so Daddy took her for a little walk. During the reception all she wanted to do was walk around and see the people. She even found a few willing souls to hold her, clap with her, and laugh with her. She figured out how to spin around in circles and make herself dizzy to the music. This was great entertainment for Daddy and I. She also got to dance with her Daddy during the Daddy/Daughter Dance. This was more meaningful to Daddy because all Peanut wanted was down so she could run around. She also got to spend some much needed time with her Ohio cousins.
Daddy and His Baby Girl
The cousins all got into their pj's before separating ways on our evening journeys home. So of course I took that as an opportunity for more pictures. Aren't these two so cute together? I think they may spell T-R-O-U-B-L-E with one being the ring leader and one following right behind.
PJ Cousins

PJ Cousins
Now I'll end with some pics of our week. It has been filled with finishing up details on a grant being written for the preschool where I work, Daddy finishing up some songs he recorded for a local band, visiting family, and just being with Peanut. We have also seen winter hit with a fury. We have had a couple of ice storms and there is a huge snow storm heading towards us tonight.

Reading Cora and Daddy DSCF5864

This last picture is small because it is from my camera phone but I have to include it because that cheesy smile makes me laugh. I hope you get a kick out of it too!
Just woke up!  cheeser head!
We have had a huge blessing here. Last week we were informed that Daddy's employer had changed insurance companies. When I went to get my bloodwork done at the hospital for the pregnancy I was told that our hospital and doctor were not in this plan's network!!!! I was a complete mess and had many tears. If you remember our doctor is a friend of ours whom we trust so much. Not only that now I was going to have to find a doctor over 30 miles away to handle this pregnancy and deliver the baby and go to a hospital 30 miles away. I was not pleased. We talked with our doctor, the woman at his office who deals with insurance and then Daddy's employer's insurance agent. The agent quickly figured this out for us and we are now covered under a different plan that will include our hospital and doctor. The Lord certainly answered this prayer for us. So as soon as we get our new insurance cards we can go and hear this baby's precious heartbeat! Thankfully I have been feeling fine other than tired. We have started our 2nd trimester now. I can not believe that.
-Mama

2 comments:

shannonfay said...

You are beautiful, Melinda Kay! just wanted to remind you =)

Joy said...

Mindums,
I'm glad Shannon wrote that because I'm thinking the exact same thing!