Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snowed In!

Making Cookies Making Cookies Making Cookies
Peanut and I spent the afternoon with Dobbie and Papa yesterday and made cookies. We made almond crescents and got sugar cookie dough and espresso chocolate shortbread cookie dough in the fridge. Dobbie is going to finish those up today.
Making Cookies
It snowed all day yesterday just lightly though. Peanut and I headed home around 9:00 p.m. It wasn't too bad but we took our time driving home. I am the one who drives 20 mph and slows down even more when someone is headed toward me. There is something about having a baby girl in the backseat that makes me very cautious on snowy roads.
Snow Bird Snow Bird Snow Bird
The forecast for overnight was SNOW all night long. Daddy and I decided he should just stay at work again. This is the 3rd weekend in a row that it has stormed and he has been stuck at work overnight. It would be nice to be iced or snowed in together. But we are all safe so that is what matters.
Snow Bird Snow Bird Snow Snow
Peanut and I woke up to lots and lots of snow this morning. It was so pretty! Everything is covered. I haven't heard any official totals for our community but it looks like it is close to 12 inches. After breakfast Peanut and I headed outside after covering ourselves with many layers of clothes. Peanut loved the snow. She walked up and down the path that I was shoveling. I think she would have stayed out all morning if I let her.
Snow Bird Snow Bird
We plan to head out again after lunch and naps. Today the wind is supposed to blow and blow the snow causing the roads to drift shut. That is a nice thing about living in town, we don't get the wind like the country. If we have to get out we usually can. But we don't plan on going anywhere today. Just stay home and enjoy watching White Christmas, relaxing and maybe making cookies. I think I am going to make Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies.
Snow Bird Snow Bird
By the way, if I was a man and I was out snow blowing the sidewalk in front of my house and saw a poor damsel with her tiny little girl out shoveling a path in the snow with a snow shovel, I would go to her and help her by using my snow blower to clear her sidewalk and driveway quickly for her. Just so you know that I would if I were. Ha! I know Daddy would do it when he he is home tomorrow but it is innate within me that it has to be done right now! I am wired that way.
-Mama

1 comment:

Joy said...

If I had a snow blower and I saw you outside with your little girl, I would come right over and ask you both to help me do my driveway. You can shovel while I snow blow.
HA! just kidding!
Love you!!