Monday, November 05, 2007

Life is Moving Fast

It's November!!!! How did that happen? I can not believe how fast time is flying. My greatest disappointment in seeing the calendar pages flip so fast is not seeing friends and family enough. I get so caught up in life and do not reach out to those that I love the most. If you are reading this, I am sorry! I do love each of you so much. And I miss you too. I am horrible with the phone, so please do not think that I just don't call you. I don't call anyone. I have never been a phone talker. That I did NOT get from my mom. Ha! Anways...it's November! The holidays are here. There is no escaping that fact if you have been to any store recently. The holiday displays are up. I secretly love to see them go up. Yes, it seems earlier and earlier every year but there is such an excitement in the air. I took Cora to Wal-Mart the other day to get some groceries and she went wild when she saw the huge blow-up Christmas yard decorations. The enormous Santa snow globe and the penguin popping out of the present gave her great delight. Dobbie and I took her to Cracker Barrel Saturday night and she was in awe of the singing puppy with jingle bells on his ears and the reindeer with jingle bells on his antlers. Things that I would never pay attention to before or would think of as annoying, I watch my daughter giggle with delight over. How children make us think differently. The cashier at Cracker Barrel said it best as she watched Cora laughing at the singing dog, "That is what it is all about!"

So yes, we have been busy here. I think all of my blogs start that way. Isn't everyone busy. The past few weeks have been filled with joy as we tell dear friends and family about our tiny bundle within me. It's so fun to see people's reactions. Dobbie and Papa were very excited. We put Cora's "surprise" onesie on for them to find out. Papa caught on quickly but it took a few minutes for Dobbie to. It was so fun! Grandpa Danner thought it was a really good shock! Cora is oblivious to the many changes coming to her world. She has been around a couple of babies the past few weeks and has been totally smitten with them.

We had a friend from Iowa who was on herway to Toronto stop in and spend the night. She had not had the pleasure of meeting Cora yet. We actually missed her wedding because Cora was due right around her wedding date and the wedding was 2 hours away. We were a little scared to be that far from home if labor started.

 
Last weekend Cora got to dress up like a ladybug for Halloween! She was the cutest ladybug around, certainly not one that you would smoosh or sweep up.  She visited Grandpa and Grandma Danner and Dobbie and Papa!








This past weekend my college roomie and her son came over to spend the night. Her hubby had an all-nighter for his youth ministry position and my hubby had work and a concert to attend. So we had girls and one boy night. We ate yumm-o food and let the kids play. In reality, Joy's son checked out all of Cora's toys and Cora followed behind wondering who this handsome child was. Ha! It was fun. After the kids were tucked into bed, we turned on the movies. Joy has recently become a huge fan of the English romance genre and this has always been one of my favorite genres. This common ground is what fueled our plans for our sleep-over. We watched The Importance of Being Ernest and Sense and Sensibility. Sense is one of
my favorite movies. I even made Kevin who is not a fan of this genre watch it after we were first married. Unfortunately Joy who is allergic to cats had to take a Benadryl and pregnant mommy was exhausted so we only made it halfway through Sense. The best part of movie night was that Joy did bring this kicking Hershey's Pie. Yummmmm!


Saturday morning I had to get up at 5:30 a.m. Dobbie, Cora and I went to Ohio for a bridal shower for Dobbie's nephew and fiancee. It was a Pampered Chef bridal shower which was fun. Cora got to see her aunt and lots of cousins and second cousins. It was great fun to see the family. It was a 4 1/2 hour drive there and then back. On the trip home we broke it up with some shopping at Kohl's and supper at Cracker Barrel. (One of Mommy's favorites!) Cora got pretty silly on the way home. She was going a bit nuts being in her car seat all day. We played numerous games of peek-a-boo, blew tons of raspberries, and gave unlimited tootsie (toe) kisses. Then we finally made it home. Cora played and played for an hour after being unstrapped from her seat of torture while Mommy laid unconscious on the couch. It was a fun day! We always have a good time with Dobs!



Then on Sunday we had to get up and go again. Mommy had Preschool Sunday at work. I was in charge of going to the grocery store to pick up the refreshments so off we went. We did get an extra hour of sleep due to the great time change. (In case you were wondering, I am not a fan of the time change but Daddy is.) After Preschool Sunday I have to confess that Mommy and Cora came home and put our jammies back on. That was Cora's idea. We were so tired from our busy weekend so we napped, watched movies and played all day, afternoon, and evening. (Joy, you will be happy to know that I watched the new Pride & Prejudice for the umpteenth time in your honor. It is better every time.)


There are alot more pictures that I uploaded on our flickr site. The link is on the right side of this page. I am having a hard time getting the pictures to go where I want them to so I give up!


-Mindy

1 comment:

Joy said...

You got a better picture of Dawson and Cora. Do you think you're better than me?
Thanks for letting us invade your home! Let's make it a tradition! Next year you come to my house. Send an email my way telling me how your trip was to Ohio! Sleep, or no sleep, that is the question!