Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Cora and I headed to Grandpa and Grandma Danner's early on Thanksgiving to get the meal underway. Dobbie, Papa, and Daddy came for a late lunch. We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, homemade rolls, Paula Dean's sweet potato puffs, and green bean casserole. The turkey was even done on time and turned out so good. I am always nervous about making a turkey. It's so easy, though. I think it's reading other people's horror stories about turkey that makes me nervous.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cora thought it was pretty yummy! This was her first experience with a Thanksgiving meal. Last year she was just tiny and enjoyed the Thanksgiving milk that came after Mommy enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner. Ha! The meal was really yummy and the company even better. It was so wonderful to have both sets of families together. What a blessing to be able to be together. Grandma was able to hear the family and know that we were feeling so thankful. Cora spent time crawling on her and loving her. Something for which I know she is thankful for.

Pink Marshmallow
Cora got all layered up on Thanksgiving morning to go out for a wagon ride with Grandpa. I think she looked like a pink marshmallow. She wasn't sure what to think of her big coat and hat.

The afternoon turned out beautiful as the snow began to fall. It was perfect. The trees and bushes were covered so they looked gorgeous. It was so fitting for such a good day. We ended our day with pumpkin pie and two yummy desserts that Dobbie made on behalf of Paula Dean. Mmm!

Now for some random pics from our last week.

Grooving to the Beat
Cora discovered Daddy's headphones one night this week. She kept wanting to wear them. We thought she looked so cute. Daddy finally had to tell her no and that he needed them. She walked away a bit miffed and then had a great idea. She put her fingers in her ears and pretended to have her own headphones. It was so funny!
Grooving to the Beat

I think Cora looks so cute in this outfit. Thanks to "Auntie" Christi for it. I could just eat this baby up!

Cutie Pie

Thank you to my hubby who restored Flock so that now I can just drag and drop pictures. I may be blogging more now that it is with ease. I do not know how those of you who do it the other way remain sane. I am thankful for Flock!!!!!

-Mindy




No comments: