Sunday, October 14, 2007

Worth It!

I have been trying for quite a while now to get this post up. The computer and I just don't seem to be getting along this morning. My patience is running low and the computer is running slow. Not a good combination, but it will be worth it.

Before I continue with pictures and things from our week, I have to share these videos with you that were discovered on YouTube. They are precious. The one I am linking to is my favorite but there are more. You can click on his name and find the rest. They make me smile. This is a Dad's parody on Pachelbel's Canon in D.
I hope that you enjoy this as much as Dobbie and I have.

Ok, now to us. We have had a very busy week and a cold one. I have had to dig out all of Cora's warmer clothes and warm pj's. I am very excited this morning as I have conquered stain fighting. Come on Moms, you know how excited we get to get that stubborn stain out of something. Dobbie bought these precious piggie pj's for Cora and the first day that she wore them, she smeared teddy graham gunk down the front and after hours and hours of letting stain remover soak it, it still would not come out. I was so sad that the cute little NEW piggie's face was covered with a brown smear. I guess it is realistic since pigs are usually smeared with brown mud. But I did not give up the fight. Today I broke out the DAWN!!!! Well, the generic brand, and scrubbed that brown spot gone! Now the little piggie's face is pink again. This is one small step for mankind and one giant leap for this Mama! It's so funny the things that excite me now. So now Cora has her warm piggie pj's back.

I've also had to dig out jackets. I even bought her a set of hat and mittens yesterday just to be prepared. Here are some cute pics of her in a jacket I found on clearance for $4.99!!!!! Daddy thought she looked like a watermelon.




Daddy's Aunt Lori has been at the cabin this week to help Dobbie quilt. They are in the process of possibly opening a quilt shop in Lebanon, OH. They are looking at opening in late November if all goes as planned, so they are furiously working on quilts. We have visited a couple of times and Cora has "helped" Dobbie with her sewing.





On Monday Dobbie, Cora and I ran to a local Amish community to get some antique quilt blocks. Dobbie found some from the 1800's through the 1950's. They are taking those blocks and making them into quilts. I will try to remember to take pics today when we go out. Dobbie finished a quilt top that I adore. She used all 1950's reproduction prints. It is so cute. I think it would look awfully nice on Cora's bed when she outgrows her crib. Ha! Just kidding. I don't know how many quilts I have said that about. I really do love the vintage reproduction prints though.

We also celebrated birthdays this week again. Friday was Grandma Danner's 68th birthday. Cora and I spent the evening with Grandpa and Grandma. We had Pizza Hut, one of our faves. Cora had fun helping Grandma tear open her gift. We got her some pretty flowers and pretty new nightgowns. Cora is getting good at opening presents. I spent the evening getting pictures put into Grandpa's photo albums that we had gotten for his birthday. It has been so fun going through those old pictures. I finished one and have the other halfway done. I think we're going to need more albums! I could tell Grandpa really enjoyed seeing the pictures all in order and traveling down memory lane and the good old days with his sweetheart (as he called Grandma).







On Saturday we were invited to our friend Maddie's birthday party. It was fun being outside and watching the kids all play together. Cora was quite content with a small neon colored slinky that she found and with being passed around.










In the last few weeks Cora has become quite the avid reader. She will bring books to us and say, "Uh, uh," while pushing the book into our hands. I am so happy about this. She enjoyed reading before, but would only make it through a page or two. Now she loves to listen to the book and turn the pages. Her favorite books are this set of small farm animal board books that my cousin got for her at one of our baby showers. They are all in this box with a magnetic closure. She loves the box and the books so much. She also really enjoys her Sesame Street Peek-a-Boo, I See You books.

We have had a week of late nights and small naps, so we stayed home this morning from church so that Cora (and Mommy) could sleep in and Cora could get a good nap under her belt before we start our day. We will be heading out to Dobbie's later.

And to close, here is a pic of Cora helping sort laundry!


-Mindy

No comments: