Thursday, October 18, 2007

These little games we play

JacketCora and I (daddy) have been playing the pull-the-hat-off-daddy's-head game. She laughs every time, and then throws the hat on the ground, and laughs again. I enjoy these little games.

The other day Cora was playing at her play kitchen set. She is fascinated with anything that has a hinge. She was giving her kitchen cupboard a workout, and I responded with "open and close!" Cora looked at me and walked into the living room. She returned with a toy bus and handed it to me. Then it dawned on me that the toy bus plays a song "Open and close. Open and close..."

Hey!Tuesdays and Thursdays are my favorite days. Mommy teaches during the day, so Cora and I have an opportunity to play all day. We read books, I chase her around the house as she giggles, torment the cat, and pull out every toy into the middle of the room.

As she grows, these little games will get more complex. But the most important rules to guide us through are love and time.

-daddy

No comments: